It would appear we are royally :censored:ed

Heavy Package

We didn’t get anywhere near the PVDs they were hoping to hire and seems they can’t find helpers either.

Sup said we can't get enough PVDs. No one is applying for the job. We are really heavy here but I could care less.

FYI I don't think this year is UPS's fault. People just don't want to work anymore and have gotten fat off all the stimulus and lack of any type of stigma with not having a job. People just go around saying they want a large hourly wage to not do anything and work whenever they feel like it from home. Everything and anything can be blamed on the China flu. Thanks Brandon.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The latest I've punched out in the last 2 weeks was 6:45pm and that was yesterday AFTER taking 20 stops off a nearby driver. They're sending out 22.4s in rentals to take stops from drivers who barely have an 8 hour day.

I've never seen management scramble so hard to eliminate OT. They said everyone should be off by 6:30 on Black Friday which honestly I believe.

The PVD driver in our loop had 110 stops yesterday while I had 125. I fill his Denali up to the brim and he goes on his merry way, drinking hot chocolate and listening to the wonders of Joe Biden on NPR.

Rack em

Made the Podium
50% of the total routes in our center are pvds. Pisses me off so much! CI can't believe our union ever allowed this type of bull:censored2: to happen!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
50% of the total routes in our center are pvds. Pisses me off so much! CI can't believe our union ever allowed this type of bull:censored2: to happen!
This is something I’d like addressed. I’m not hell bent on doing away with PVDs but their numbers should be limited. Like 25% or something. If you have 40 drivers you can hire 10 PVDs

ManInBrown

Who‘s we? I worked 41 hours last week. This 3 day week I worked 26 hours. Settling into a nice 4 day weekend here. God bless the 177 and the continued Black Friday optional day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Last edited:

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I wonder if gumball is participating in this thread?
I thought the PVD was the devil?
The anti-PVD crowd must get a little pucker when threads like this one appear.
I hate to say I told you so but I told you so.
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Re-Raise

Which is even crazier. You’d think people would be lined up for this great paying job in podunk.
I think “podunk” is getting buried a little worse than more urban areas. Amazon has their own delivery network in the more dense areas and is still using us in the more rural areas.

Before I retired I had bid into a rural area expecting fewer stops and more miles. My route was probably 75% Amazon the last year. The larger towns next to my route had their Amazon pigs delivered straight to the post offices by Amazon. My towns were too small for them to do that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think “podunk” is getting buried a little worse than more urban areas. Amazon has their own delivery network in the more dense areas and is still using us in the more rural areas.

Before I retired I had bid into a rural area expecting fewer stops and more miles. My route was probably 75% Amazon the last year. The larger towns next to my route had their Amazon pigs delivered straight to the post offices by Amazon. My towns were too small for them to do that.
This is true also

We had an area yesterday that had 80 stops. 3 years ago in the summer you might get a dozen stops covering that area.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
🤬 PVDS, they can take more of my work I don’t care I AM A RPCD MUTHA🤬ER

Oh yeah another funny thing is that all our PVDs have our new diads , what’s up with that?
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I work the same speed all year I could care less sending a 23:59 eta and them summoning the runners to help me 🤣 I’ll hold my pickup pieces hostage
🤨✊

Last edited: