It would appear we are royally :censored:ed

specter208

Do your guys buildings pile all the Monday work in the trucks on top of the Saturday work during peak?

I hate that sh**. I'm sure there's some kind of logic behind it but I don't know what it is. And how does local sort decipher what is pickups and what is Monday work when unnloading without carefully examining each piece? They basically have to take everything off and redo it anyways right?
I thinks it’s to save time and do less work by not having to reload everything on Monday. Problem is driver needs to put everything that wasn’t delivered back in the original spot the preloader left it in.

Overpaid Union Thug

Damn. I was thinking I wouldn’t mind working a few Saturdays during peak (if the M-friend dispatches are on par with the previous 5 years) but after reading some of these posts I’m gonna have say HELL NO. Luckily my center hasn’t been forced in on Saturdays in the past and we still haven’t heard about it this year.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It’s all getting unloaded and reloaded trust me. You couldn’t even get the back door open because of all of the crap that was put on it for Monday.

This is so typical of dumb IE moves. You think you’re saving 30 minutes worth of work on the preload but you’re costing every driver tons of time sifting through the BS.

It should absolutely go in a retain trailer and be resorted on Monday. It’s the common sense move.
your preload is totally brain dead, tons of places do this successfully with zero issues

also this is a PDS decision, has nothing to do with IE

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
your preload is totally brain dead, tons of places do this successfully with zero issues

also this is a PDS decision, has nothing to do with IE
Peak Saturdays work pretty smoothly here. Deliver what you can, everything else doesn’t get a scan. We try to leave the unscanned pkgs where they go on the shelf so preload can load on top of it Monday morning.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I thinks it’s to save time and do less work by not having to reload everything on Monday. Problem is driver needs to put everything that wasn’t delivered back in the original spot the preloader left it in.

I did this last year and meticulously sorted all the businesses in the 1 2 3 shelves so I would have a good start to the day Monday. Local sort ripped everything out of the truck and preload put it all back in the wrong spot. After that I was a little les careful.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Do your guys buildings pile all the Monday work in the trucks on top of the Saturday work during peak?

I hate that sh**. I'm sure there's some kind of logic behind it but I don't know what it is. And how does local sort decipher what is pickups and what is Monday work when unnloading without carefully examining each piece? They basically have to take everything off and redo it anyways right?
"Charged the bins" for us

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

It's even better if you have a PVD route tethered to your truck. You have Saturday "mandatory" deliveries, stuff for Monday AND the PVD stuff buried in there too. I took 10 mins after the PCM and threw all the PVD crap in a pile in the back.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You may have to brown out lol.
I've transcended such peasant labor

I don't mind putting my browns on at all, until it rains
I blend right into the saltiest mid seniority drivers of any center, shorts until it hits 32f

my wife though has other opinions on me going driving all day

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes every driver 6 days a week until the new year.

If it’s anything like last year all it does is make your Monday light as hell. Last year we had guys working 9-10 hour days at time and a half on Saturday then standing around for 4 hours on Monday to get their 8.
That's a bunch of S*. Since you are also in Central, did they pay this past Saturday at 1.5x? I think they screwed over one of our drivers who volunteered to work by not paying them for the holiday since they just made their 30 days two weeks ago. I'm waiting to see their timecard to make sure but I don't think the driver was given credit for Saturday being a 6th punch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's a bunch of S*. Since you are also in Central, did they pay this past Saturday at 1.5x? I think they screwed over one of our drivers who volunteered to work by not paying them for the holiday since they just made their 30 days two weeks ago. I'm waiting to see their timecard to make sure but I don't think the driver was given credit for Saturday being a 6th punch.
Yes. Saturday was time and a half. I made almost 3500 last week