Its a no vote in philly!!

stink219

Stink you still make no sense!! Comparing a thriving company in a horrible economy to a school district where the ex superintendent was stealing Millions of $!! The teachers did not put the Philadelphia school board in bad shape!! That slob Arlene Ackerman did it!! We deserve a decent contract and this TA Is far from acceptable!!
who is talking about Philly? You mean, Florida, RI, NY, Ma, etc. it's simple, I made 90k for delivering woman's underwear and and amazon boxes, this contract will be 20k more. Your upset because of benefits, I get it. Some people need someone to blame I guess. I'm not trying to change your opinion on it, so please don't think you'll change mine. Religion and politics now take a back set to people discussing benefits and profits.

stink219

If you think the benefits are the only problem in this TA you need to use your mental health benefits!! You must be a one horse show in your building!! How's it feel being the odd ball sell out??
Wtf are you talking about? The deal is solid. Majority likes the deal in our area. Local 25 as well. Negotiation are not a one sided show. Even the TDU guys (who go against everything else) like the contract and voted YES. So don't base your knowledge of the country by Facebook or brown cafe.

oldupsman

Do you think that's a lot of money? It's not chump change by any means. Their revenue was about 53 billion. So they payed out 49.2 billion dollars on salaries, equipment, comp, maintenance, etc. UPS has 310,000 total employees, 240,000 of those are union, 35% full time, 65% part time. Based upon a minimum hours worked in each classification calculated, comes out to 343,723,920.00 hours a year. So let's say we get $0.70 in our first raise, that's $240,606,744.00 total. Not too bad right? Oops, we forget the $1 per hour that you don't see going into H&W. Ok so now we are at $584,330,664.00. I didn't include OT, which is an additional $34,398,00.00. Now we are at $618,728,664.00. Thats just in a minimalistic hours of service raise. So the 3.8 billion is now 3.2 billion. Ohhhh, you know who I didn't include? Raises of the 70,000 other employees like sups, managers, OMS, DPS clerks, security, CEO, executives, sales dept, IT, IE, PE, etc. How much is that worth weather you feel they deserve it or not? Should we deplete more of UPS's reserves? UPS was 52 on fortune 500. 52! We're not talking Exxon at 41 billion or Apple at 25 billion. You need UPS to remain profitable. You think the healthcare is an issue? If we bleed them too much, they would have handed you guys bandaids instead.

I"m sorry Stink, but to think we are even close to bleeding this company to death is just absurd. And being 52 on the Fortune 500 simply proves my point, not yours.
No one should have their health care benefits cut when you're making 4 billion a year. And yours should be improved up to mine.

smart girl

Isn't Philly the same city that allows drunks to tear down buildings?
Come on brother I lived in Manhattan for lots of yrs and saw more people on and off drugs train **** up. Come on look at anything north of 125th. Clinton made it look good where for years nothing above 92 nd was fad.

smart girl

who is talking about Philly? You mean, Florida, RI, NY, Ma, etc. it's simple, I made 90k for delivering woman's underwear and and amazon boxes, this contract will be 20k more. Your upset because of benefits, I get it. Some people need someone to blame I guess. I'm not trying to change your opinion on it, so please don't think you'll change mine. Religion and politics now take a back set to people discussing benefits and profits.
Stink since you love to argue with me lets go. It is more than healthcare. It is excessive OT , it is progression for newbies whom we are to protect honey, it is retirees from long ago (whom struck to get what they want back ) that need our help, it is about the harassment we endure for a computer generated number, it is about full time jobs and center staffing, it is about corporate 10 % who want what we deliver with our limbs for their jones vs jones, it is about our leaders asking us what we want and the language does not even begin to address our legitimate concerns, and don't stat with we want vague language crap, we need no loopholes. We have a responsibility to others not the dollar. That is the sentiment all over the country " the do more with less till we can't do it no more then just get rid of them attitude" No Stink we are not taking one more damn harassing session over friggin numbers. It is about respect Brother for you , me , and every other Parcel employee. See how I reference Parcel? I am Jim Casey's Parcel employee not some Lets be a millionaire at any cost bozo. Ahh n thanks for letting me vent stink

stink219

Stink since you love to argue with me lets go. It is more than healthcare. It is excessive OT , it is progression for newbies whom we are to protect honey, it is retirees from long ago (whom struck to get what they want back ) that need our help, it is about the harassment we endure for a computer generated number, it is about full time jobs and center staffing, it is about corporate 10 % who want what we deliver with our limbs for their jones vs jones, it is about our leaders asking us what we want and the language does not even begin to address our legitimate concerns, and don't stat with we want vague language crap, we need no loopholes. We have a responsibility to others not the dollar. That is the sentiment all over the country " the do more with less till we can't do it no more then just get rid of them attitude" No Stink we are not taking one more damn harassing session over friggin numbers. It is about respect Brother for you , me , and every other Parcel employee. See how I reference Parcel? I am Jim Casey's Parcel employee not some Lets be a millionaire at any cost bozo. Ahh n thanks for letting me vent stink

First off, I don't like to argue with women. So what is the issue with the language? You say you are or were a steward, so why are you not seeing a gain in the language? The other stewards on browncafe and my area seem to have plans in place to address the new language very effectively. Tell me what are you looking for? Define harassment. Have you lost any people due to production? I haven't. You know why I haven't? Vague language. Specificity is a dog collar on a steward. No way out!!!

smart girl

First off, I don't like to argue with women. So what is the issue with the language? You say you are or were a steward, so why are you not seeing a gain in the language? The other stewards on browncafe and my area seem to have plans in place to address the new language very effectively. Tell me what are you looking for? Define harassment. Have you lost any people due to production? I haven't. You know why I haven't? Vague language. Specificity is a dog collar on a steward. No way out!!!
Stink we want the 9.5 language clear and simple. Sign Jan 1st a list of interest in OT over 9.5 and a list on June 1st to same interest. Therefore, others whom not on list are stating they don't want the excessive OT. None of we have to have a Labor meeting to determine if staffing correct? Common sense to let my center team run the trips needed not a last minute computer generated call to run way less. If someone shows up for work as a driver than give my center team the flexability to run splits to alleviate the OT and hence more full time jobs. We need to work together as a team.

stink219

Why not just give us the discretion to dispatch our own work?
Oh and you don't like to argue? Be real brother
Not an argument. But how long has "A fair days work for a fair days pay" protected us? Do you allow people get fired in your building? I do not. Its because of this language. Do you know UPS wanted specific language? They proposed it in negotiations. Why do you think that could be?
Are you saying you can't use this new 9.5 language?

The Milkman

Well you have yet to post your own thoughts. Instead you wait for someone else to post, then your jocking the post as if its yours. What a clown.

What you smoking Stink? I have started many threads with my thoughts of UPS and the contract along with retiree issues..Your Boy Hoax was up in arms going back and forth with me on most of them..What world you in? Oh yes Fantasyland...Everything Brown is good..No smiley ok with you? You're the Brown Clown for sure. Would of hated to be in Nam with you during a firefight..You would of probably curled up in a hole crying for your Mommy.. I stuck together with my Union brothers, sounds like you will not fight the enemy in Atlanta:warriorsmiley: