Local supplements 2023-2028

542thruNthru

Don’t get your hopes up, We’re not give the 1000 back! 😂
star-wars-han-solo.gif

some1else

Banned
Precisely my point there is absolutely no benefit for him to bring it up because the people he going to question, didn’t negotiate the contract.
did they endorse a yes vote on the contract? Wouldn’t him bringing up “hey you’re telling us yes to 18% could y’all accept the same amount?” be reasonable? If they are telling him 18% is a good deal and they have enough in the locals budget for double that maybe cutting dues or reinvesting that money into some member benefit is in order.

Up In Smoke

did they endorse a yes vote on the contract? Wouldn’t him bringing up “hey you’re telling us yes to 18% could y’all accept the same amount?” be reasonable? If they are telling him 18% is a good deal and they have enough in the locals budget for double that maybe cutting dues or reinvesting that money into some member benefit is in order.
The vote during the 2 man they were split 1 yes and 1 no. They have since moved to the yes camp. Our seven person E-board are a concenses 5-0 with two present votes.

Up In Smoke

Our feeder contract meeting began at 5pm yesterday and I sat in the back and took notes. I have to admit, I know little about that classification and the issues that affect them most. The issues at top of mind were bidding rights, sub-contracting, equipment and of course wages and benefits. It didn't take long after wages were brought up when the feeder network went on attack about E-board wages. Here I was concerned how and when do I address the disparity in wage increases from hourly and salary Teamsters and the feeders just flung open the door. They had a lively discussion with the leadership commiting to reviewing the dues % and possibly diverting some of those excess dollars in to the pension fund. Our meeting started immediately after they were done and the board members explained the finances excess and where it may go. If I am reading the room right after the meetings, our center is a resounding no vote.

Crosscutters

The pension bothers me and the lack of info on teamcare for current employees and retirees. And like I’ve said here before, part timers in our building are upset over 6th punch rules and not bidding a work week.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our feeder contract meeting began at 5pm yesterday and I sat in the back and took notes. I have to admit, I know little about that classification and the issues that affect them most. The issues at top of mind were bidding rights, sub-contracting, equipment and of course wages and benefits. It didn't take long after wages were brought up when the feeder network went on attack about E-board wages. Here I was concerned how and when do I address the disparity in wage increases from hourly and salary Teamsters and the feeders just flung open the door. They had a lively discussion with the leadership commiting to reviewing the dues % and possibly diverting some of those excess dollars in to the pension fund. Our meeting started immediately after they were done and the board members explained the finances excess and where it may go. If I am reading the room right after the meetings, our center is a resounding no vote.
How many members are in your local and how many full-time officers and agents are there?

Up In Smoke

How many members are in your local and how many full-time officers and agents are there?
We have 4500 working members. The e-board has 7 members and we have 8 full time agents. One of the agents is on the board. Two of our board members have no other responsibilities, while the other 5 are working in buildings throughout the locals jurisdiction. All of the e-board members are or were UPS employees.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have 4500 working members. The e-board has 7 members and we have 8 full time agents. One of the agents is on the board. Two of our board members have no other responsibilities, while the other 5 are working in buildings throughout the locals jurisdiction. All of the e-board members are or were UPS employees.
Are the full-time agents elected or appointed?

Thebrownblob

And at our meetings the only people who seemed remotely agitated about the contract, were feeder drivers. Most specifically sleepers. A couple specifically I personally know already make well over 160k a year. They were mostly upset about the fact that there is no way to completely stop the company from cutting sleeper runs.

Thebrownblob

I’m not certain what you mean by no other responsibilities? If an E board member is only a part time local employee their duties only include the required E board activities.

Thebrownblob

So, if you’re reading the room correctly, they’re going to vote down one of the most substantial contracts we’ve ever seen as far as language and raises because your locals E board and some business agents in your opinion are over paid and playing fast and loose with the bylaws at your local? How about they just vote out that group and vote yes on the contract?

Up In Smoke

I’m not certain what you mean by no other responsibilities? If an E board member is only a part time local employee their duties only include the required E board activities.
That's what I meant. They perform local business, but have no representative duties. Their full time jobs and pay are structured around the maintenance and promotion of the locals activities. They highlighted upcoming events as ball games, zoo picnics, Labor Day parades, political events and organizing events.

Thebrownblob

That's what I meant. They perform local business, but have no representative duties. Their full time jobs and pay are structured around the maintenance and promotion of the locals activities. They highlighted upcoming events as ball games, zoo picnics, Labor Day parades, political events and organizing events.
Yep Same here,

Up In Smoke

So, if you’re reading the room correctly, they’re going to vote down one of the most substantial contracts we’ve ever seen as far as language and raises because your locals E board and some business agents in your opinion are over paid and playing fast and loose with the bylaws at your local? How about they just vote out that group and vote yes on the contract?
If I'm right, it's more of a 60/40 situation. 60% of the concerns are that contract didn't go far enough with compensation (pension), 9.5 language, T-S schedules, subcontracting and a handful of supplemental issues. The other 40% don't trust the local has its focus on its membership. The my way or no way mentality sets off alarms.

Thebrownblob

If I'm right, it's more of a 60/40 situation. 60% of the concerns are that contract didn't go far enough with compensation (pension), 9.5 language, T-S schedules, subcontracting and a handful of supplemental issues. The other 40% don't trust the local has its focus on its membership. The my way or no way mentality sets off alarms.
Depending on your location, I can understand the pension concern.
Although I can’t understand, voting a national contract down based on your dissatisfaction with the local leader ship, nothing like cutting your own throat to prove a point lol, go for it!