Local supplements 2023-2028

Up In Smoke

Personally I have no problem him bringing up why they should be happy with a 18% increase while comparing the eboards. Personally I believe it's apples and oranges but it's a legitimate questions.

The thing that makes me laugh is anyone that really believes it's as easy as saying "I don't endorse this contract" when it comes to these things. Does your e board work for the members yes but anyone that thinks it's as easy as that is delusional. Go against the leadership and you will find out very quickly what your real job is.... to stay in office.

That goes double these days. It used to be one group you had to look out for now they've joined forces and one is their leadership.
How true, it's become far too political for my taste. Speak out of turn and get voted out of committees.

Thebrownblob

Personally I have no problem him bringing up why they should be happy with a 18% increase while comparing the eboards. Personally I believe it's apples and oranges but it's a legitimate questions.

The thing that makes me laugh is anyone that really believes it's as easy as saying "I don't endorse this contract" when it comes to these things. Does your e board work for the members yes but anyone that thinks it's as easy as that is delusional. Go against the leadership and you will find out very quickly what your real job is.... to stay in office.

That goes double these days. It used to be one group you had to look out for now they've joined forces and one is their leadership.
Precisely my point there is absolutely no benefit for him to bring it up because the people he going to question, didn’t negotiate the contract. Again, it goes back to what benefit does asking that question and making accusations have in this particular meeting and setting? He’s giving us a sob story about he’s never been able to ask these questions but yet he also said he didn’t know they were giving their selves these raises over the past 3 to 5 years, which is it? did you go to the meetings or did you not? Your story doesn’t check out.

That's true, but we are one of the majority of locals that are seeing our benefit compensation reduce by the $.50 per hour per employee each year of the contract. The promise was no divisive language in this contract. (ei. 22.4 multi-tier) By giving dollars to single employer controlled funds that are in danger and excluding the mult-employer funds, the company is looking to divide us against ourselves.
Lots of guys are not happy about the pension including myself

Up In Smoke

Precisely my point there is absolutely no benefit for him to bring it up because the people he going to question, didn’t negotiate the contract. Again, it goes back to what benefit does asking that question and making accusations have in this particular meeting and setting? He’s giving us a sob story about he’s never been able to ask these questions but yet he also said he didn’t know they were giving their selves these raises over the past 3 to 5 years, which is it? did you go to the meetings or did you not? Your story doesn’t check out.
The two members holding the meeting are the same two who represented our local in DC. I knew exactly what raises they were giving themselves, but they insulate themselves because not enough people go to the meetings to raise the question and open the discussion.

Thebrownblob

The two members holding the meeting are the same two who represented our local in DC. I knew exactly what raises they were giving themselves, but they insulate themselves because not enough people go to the meetings to raise the question and open the discussion.
Well, perhaps most don’t care or worried? And two business agent gave their selves Raises? They don’t have to go through the eboard?

Up In Smoke

How long have you been involved? When has it not been that way?
I've been involved since the strike of 97. Became a steward in 2000 and was asked to be on current slate when someone retired. Our current Secretary/Treasurer has held a position on the e-board since 1996. It has only been this way since 2018ish when this slate beat back a challenging slate. All members on that completing slate were discharged and sent back to their centers.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I've been involved since the strike of 97. Became a steward in 2000 and was asked to be on current slate when someone retired. Our current Secretary/Treasurer has held a position on the e-board since 1996. It has only been this way since 2018ish when this slate beat back a challenging slate. All members on that completing slate were discharged and sent back to their centers.
R u gay

Thebrownblob

Then, I guess you would know it’s always been political, and you always did with the boss said or you were left out. The 2016 convention in Las Vegas was kind of an eye-opener.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@Up In Smoke , does your Local maintain offices at more than one location? I only ask because you mentioned the vehicle allowance for non-agent employees (which I take to mean staff not directly involved in representation/contract enforcement).

Not that this is anything I'm sure you haven't considered yourself, but the two possible courses of action I see would be proposing bylaw changes and/or an audit...

Thebrownblob

Our meeting tonight is with 2 members of the e-board. One is our Secretary/Treasurer and the other is a BA.
That’s great, and just like I said, and just like is happening here. The only thing you’re going to accomplish is disrupt the meeting about the contract, it’s not enough for you just to stand up and say I’m not satisfied with the raises. Which, if I’m not mistaken, you’ve been pretty positive about all of it still your right to not be happy with the races, making it political is pointless, and a disservice to the members who are there to learn about the contract, and ask questions pertaining to the contract.

542thruNthru

Every e-board, BA and office staff employee is required to be at the general membership meetings just in case the members organize. The quorum rules usually quash any uprising.
Every agent and eboard member is required at our meetings also but during new business you have the right to bring these questions up. I'm sure you know Roberts rules of order.

542thruNthru

@Up In Smoke , does your Local maintain offices at more than one location? I only ask because you mentioned the vehicle allowance for non-agent employees (which I take to mean staff not directly involved in representation/contract enforcement).

Not that this is anything I'm sure you haven't considered yourself, but the two possible courses of action I see would be proposing bylaw changes and/or an audit...
I know some locals like ours also have organizers and communications directors. Ours get their own vehicles because the job requires them to drive to different locations.

542thruNthru

That’s great, and just like I said, and just like is happening here. The only thing you’re going to accomplish is disrupt the meeting about the contract, it’s not enough for you just to stand up and say I’m not satisfied with the raises. Which, if I’m not mistaken, you’ve been pretty positive about all of it still your right to not be happy with the races, making it political is pointless, and a disservice to the members who are there to learn about the contract, and ask questions pertaining to the contract.
You're just worried it might generate no votes and you'll lose your pension. Another central region cheerleader. ;)