It's SFA Time Again!!

Testicular Fortitude

It took me 5 years.I was on the U A W organizing committee in New Jersey and now working with the Teamsters trying to make a better life for all Fedex employees.Fred S and his henchman have been financially raping us for years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It took me 5 years.I was on the U A W organizing committee in New Jersey and now working with the Teamsters trying to make a better life for all Fedex employees.Fred S and his henchman have been financially raping us for years.

Good for you. I don't think Fred is going to have a very good 2009....it's about time Smith got to hold the other end of the stick for awhile.

Testicular Fortitude

Thank you MrFEDEX.I am hoping our fellow Fedex workers around the country wake up and smell the coffee.The avatar I chose is fitting as long as we are under the oppressive regime of Fred S.Everyday without Union representation is a bad day at Fedex.

sano

.Fred S and his henchman have been financially raping us for years.

See, I don't understand this. It is a free country. If someone claims rape but doesn't leave if they have the chance its not rape.

Whether UPS or Fedex, I cant understand why people complain how horrible the company is for years, but never leave.
What am I missing.

Testicular Fortitude

Until the beginning of 2006 when FEDEX lost the first of many employee related law suits did they change their policy.For years we were forced to do job related work on our own time.Discontinuing jump seat,BPP payouts and the biggest was the end of receiving a bonus check before Christmas just to name a few.Every new employee is told what the top pay is but are not told that they will never achieve top pay.Each non top pay employees raise is determined by his or her review.The top score of seven in each category is impossible to achieve.Years ago Fred S told us that our hourly pay would be comparable to the UPS hourly pay.Five to six dollars an hour less is not comparable by any standard.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
See, I don't understand this. It is a free country. If someone claims rape but doesn't leave if they have the chance its not rape.

Whether UPS or Fedex, I cant understand why people complain how horrible the company is for years, but never leave.
What am I missing.

Pretty much what Testicular Fortitude said. Once you hit a certain age, it's difficult to switch careers, and in today's lousy economy, even a crappy job is better than no job at all. UPS may not treat it's people much better than FedEx, but at least Brown pays good wages and has a real benefit package, including a bona fide retirement plan.

FedEx All the Way!

Pretty much what Testicular Fortitude said. Once you hit a certain age, it's difficult to switch careers, and in today's lousy economy, even a crappy job is better than no job at all. UPS may not treat it's people much better than FedEx, but at least Brown pays good wages and has a real benefit package, including a bona fide retirement plan.

So, please do us all a favor and hop on over there!!!!!!!

FedEx All the Way!

This one is for MrFedEx,
Fred S said during an interview in October that giving people money (as in "spread the wealth") was counter productive and that the best way to help people in America is to invest in companies, education, and training so they can earn a living without government handouts. He is practicing that in his decisions of the past few days. He has cut pay for the higher paid employees in the belief that 95% of something for these workers is better than laying off some and giving them nothing. I believe he is genuinely trying to do the right thing. Sure, there is some rational self-interest in his decisions. He owns 15,000,000 shares, and he saw their value drop $900,000,000 when the stock went from $120 to $60. A further drop to $20 (ala GE) would be another big hit. Go ahead and criticize his wealth, but if you're so smart, go out and create your own company. The reason FEDEX continues to thrive and will come out of this mess created by Wall Street and Congress, is that he anticipates problems - he doesn't react to them. Read his letter. If you have a job with FEDEX, be realistic in your expectations and realize that the management is doing its best to keep you in your job.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This one is for MrFedEx,
Fred S said during an interview in October that giving people money (as in "spread the wealth") was counter productive and that the best way to help people in America is to invest in companies, education, and training so they can earn a living without government handouts. He is practicing that in his decisions of the past few days. He has cut pay for the higher paid employees in the belief that 95% of something for these workers is better than laying off some and giving them nothing. I believe he is genuinely trying to do the right thing. Sure, there is some rational self-interest in his decisions. He owns 15,000,000 shares, and he saw their value drop $900,000,000 when the stock went from $120 to $60. A further drop to $20 (ala GE) would be another big hit. Go ahead and criticize his wealth, but if you're so smart, go out and create your own company. The reason FEDEX continues to thrive and will come out of this mess created by Wall Street and Congress, is that he anticipates problems - he doesn't react to them. Read his letter. If you have a job with FEDEX, be realistic in your expectations and realize that the management is doing its best to keep you in your job.

A 20% pay cut for Fred is like an hourly choosing to eat his lunch at McDonald's instead of Arby's. Same for Dave, Matt, and the others. They are already incredibly wealthy, and they're still going to be filthy rich. I'm also sure they'll be compensated very nicely in the future for their "sacrifice". The 5% cuts for frontline managment and the elimination of the 401k match are a much bigger deal and impact those employees far more than the FedEx elite.

As I've said before, Fred is a smart guy, but he isn't doing us any favors with his anticipatory vision of problems. Is this the same "visionary" who insisted up until just a month or so ago that we were not in a recession? He cares about the stockholders, not the employees, and he'll eventually figure out that it costs him more money to treat us like crap than it would to deal with us fairly. Why do you think morale is so low and the legendary commitment to extraordinary effort and service by hourlies has largely disappeared? That costs FedEx both money and customers in the long run.

Testicular Fortitude

To Fedex all the way.It is clearly obvious you have no idea what affects the rise and fall of stock prices.Fred S was advised years ago to dissolve Fedex Freight,Fedex Home and Fedex Ground and put it all under the Express division.This would make it more cost efficient than cost deficient.In October of 2007 certain stock analysts predicted that due to the misclassification lawsuits by the Ground and Home employees of Fedex and the I R S lawsuits that that Fedex stock will fall to forty dollars a share or lower.Since then FDX stock has fell from 108 dollars a share to 61 dollars a share.Mismanagement and corporate greed are the main reasons for this giant downward slide of the stock price.Once the multi district litigation lawsuit in the midsection of the country is resolved,this will be the turning point for the future of FEDEX.If the employees win Fedex will have to payout hundreds of millions of dollars driving the stock price lower than it is today.Maybe then the stockholders will call for Fred S's resignation and the ousting of the board of directors.

Testicular Fortitude

Its S.friend.A time again and let us see if the employees have the integrity and courage to not take the SFA[SURVEY FEEDBACK] for 2009.As I have previously posted taking the SFA is not mandatory and does not mean a dammed thing.I for one have seen too many managers with bad SFA scores promoted to Senior Managers and too many with bad scores keep their jobs.If you are afraid of management just punch in the disagree/agree button on all of the questions.This will also show your displeasure with the process.Until we all stand united there will be no change to the status quo and incompetents will continue to be in management.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Fred S was advised years ago to dissolve Fedex Freight,Fedex Home and Fedex Ground and put it all under the Express division.This would make it more cost efficient than cost deficient.

From an "outsider looking in" perspective, I always thought it was a curious business model to have three different trucks and three different drivers on the road at the same time rather than just have one driver do it all. The only way to pay for that would you would have to pay your employees a lot less than your competitors pay theirs.

Fred S is so fanatically anti-union that he would cut his nose off to spite his face in order not to have one in his company. I think his obsession clouds his thinking and while I admire what he has achieved in his lifetime, I think he has become convinced by his past success that he will always know all the answers. That belief is hurting his company.

Testicular Fortitude

From an "outsider looking in" perspective, I always thought it was a curious business model to have three different trucks and three different drivers on the road at the same time rather than just have one driver do it all. The only way to pay for that would you would have to pay your employees a lot less than your competitors pay theirs.

Fred S is so fanatically anti-union that he would cut his nose off to spite his face in order not to have one in his company. I think his obsession clouds his thinking and while I admire what he has achieved in his lifetime, I think he has become convinced by his past success that he will always know all the answers. That belief is hurting his company.
Unfortunately Fred S has to keep all his buddies in high position,high paying jobs with total disregard to the employees and stockholders of Fedex.As I have posted before several Wall Street analysts had advised the Fedex corporation to eliminate the Ground,Home and Freight brands and place everything under the Express division. This will eliminate 3 presidents,3 vice presidents salaries and hundreds if not thousands of unneeded managers,senior managers and engineers.It is time that the stockholders wake up and remove Fred S and his Memphis Mafia from power before they totally destroy this once good company.Without competent and qualified leadership the Fedex corporation will continue to be a cost deficient operation instead of being cost efficient.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unfortunately Fred S has to keep all his buddies in high position,high paying jobs with total disregard to the employees and stockholders of Fedex.As I have posted before several Wall Street analysts had advised the Fedex corporation to eliminate the Ground,Home and Freight brands and place everything under the Express division. This will eliminate 3 presidents,3 vice presidents salaries and hundreds if not thousands of unneeded managers,senior managers and engineers.It is time that the stockholders wake up and remove Fred S and his Memphis Mafia from power before they totally destroy this once good company.Without competent and qualified leadership the Fedex corporation will continue to be a cost deficient operation instead of being cost efficient.

Interesting concept, but until the "contractor" issue is resolved at Ground it probably couldn't happen. The logistics of putting Freight, Home, and Ground under the Express division would be daunting. UPS isn't able to do it with their freight or cartage divisions, so how would FedEx accomplish it? Freight, Ground and Home together make more sense because their line-haul systems could be easily integrated, unlike Express, which mostly moves via air.

I absolutely agree that Fred's anti-union obsession will continue to tear the company apart. The Freight drivers I talk to have attitudes just as bad as Express drivers regarding their treatment as employees, so they'll probably be looking for some changes as well. At some point, Fred will go too far and his house of cards will topple.

Testicular Fortitude

Interesting concept, but until the "contractor" issue is resolved at Ground it probably couldn't happen. The logistics of putting Freight, Home, and Ground under the Express division would be daunting. UPS isn't able to do it with their freight or cartage divisions, so how would FedEx accomplish it? Freight, Ground and Home together make more sense because their line-haul systems could be easily integrated, unlike Express, which mostly moves via air.

I absolutely agree that Fred's anti-union obsession will continue to tear the company apart. The Freight drivers I talk to have attitudes just as bad as Express drivers regarding their treatment as employees, so they'll probably be looking for some changes as well. At some point, Fred will go too far and his house of cards will topple.
The Freight division would be handled by the Express heavyweight division.The Fedex Ground and Fedex Home could easily be changed to a Express 4 day/5 day delivery service with Express trailers transporting the freight across the country.Fedex will definitely lose the M.D.L and be forced to abandon the independent contractor model.The Ground,Home and Freight people and vehicles can be absorbed into the Express division with little disruption to everyday business operation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Freight division would be handled by the Express heavyweight division.The Fedex Ground and Fedex Home could easily be changed to a Express 4 day/5 day delivery service with Express trailers transporting the freight across the country.Fedex will definitely lose the M.D.L and be forced to abandon the independent contractor model.The Ground,Home and Freight people and vehicles can be absorbed into the Express division with little disruption to everyday business operation.

In my city there are 3 large FedEx Freight terminals serving the same area as 1 FedEx Express Heavyweight location at the airport. Freight probably has 300 trucks on the road compared to 15 for Heavyweight. How could Heavyweight handle that? Are you suggesting eliminating the other divisions, consolidating them under Express, and then having Express absorb the employees and delivery infrastructure? Express operates quite differently from Ground, Home, and Freight, so I don't think the changeover would be as simple as you think. I'm also thinking that the brand distinctions were by design, and not just because Ground is made-up of "contractors".

Using this same logic, why hasn't UPS brought their Freight and Cartage divisions under one management team?

Last edited:

FedEx All the Way!

To Fedex all the way.It is clearly obvious you have no idea what affects the rise and fall of stock prices.Fred S was advised years ago to dissolve Fedex Freight,Fedex Home and Fedex Ground and put it all under the Express division.This would make it more cost efficient than cost deficient.In October of 2007 certain stock analysts predicted that due to the misclassification lawsuits by the Ground and Home employees of Fedex and the I R S lawsuits that that Fedex stock will fall to forty dollars a share or lower.Since then FDX stock has fell from 108 dollars a share to 61 dollars a share.Mismanagement and corporate greed are the main reasons for this giant downward slide of the stock price.Once the multi district litigation lawsuit in the midsection of the country is resolved,this will be the turning point for the future of FEDEX.If the employees win Fedex will have to payout hundreds of millions of dollars driving the stock price lower than it is today.Maybe then the stockholders will call for Fred S's resignation and the ousting of the board of directors.

Interesting to know, how you can figure out what people know and don't know. Do you actually know the numbers? FedEx is Fred's baby - he's too smart a man (who actually created FedEx from ground up) will never let that happen. He's very involved in the political world as well. If the stockholders ask for his resignation - be assured FedEx will go down with him. Please don't underestimate the man!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Interesting to know, how you can figure out what people know and don't know. Do you actually know the numbers? FedEx is Fred's baby - he's too smart a man (who actually created FedEx from ground up) will never let that happen. He's very involved in the political world as well. If the stockholders ask for his resignation - be assured FedEx will go down with him. Please don't underestimate the man!

It's kind of eerie how you worship Smith, a cunning con man who found an easy target in you. Yes, he's smart, but he's smart in a sleazy, smarmy way, just like all of those politicians he owns. I never underestimate Fred or just how dastardly he can be.

Testicular Fortitude

Fortunately I and a majority of others are more informed about the stock market than you are.That is why in October of 2008 several analysts stated that because of Fred Smiths gross mismanagement of the Fedex corporation[M D L LAWSUIT AND ALL OTHER EMPLOYEE VS FEDEX LAWSUITS] that the price of Fedex stock would fall to 45 dollars per share or lower.I and many of my co-workers dumped all of our FDX stock at 109 dollars a share.FDX stock is currently 59 dollars a share and will fall even lower when the Fedex Ground employees win their class action lawsuit.The other variables are the IRS lawsuit and every state that will file suit against Fedex to recoup taxes due them to Fedex's misclassification of its Ground and Home employees.Bad publicity is something that Fedex has always tried to avoid and hide under the carpet till now.When Fred S and certain Board of Directors are removed from power and replaced by competent and qualified individuals then this company has a chance to regain the confidence of Wall Street and the financial world.