Its that time of the year again, students moving in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Many local drivers take these weeks off to avoid all these really dumb people.
The rental trucks are everywhere and many end up blocking the streets just to unload for hours.
The truck rental companies will not cover damage to their equipment driven on Storrow Drive and Soldiers Field Road in Boston and Memorial Drive in Cambridge due to low clearance of various overpasses on those parkways.

I once was driving home on the highway and my lane came to a complete stop while the 2 lanes on my left and the one on my right were going full speed. I saw a dude in a car with his flashers on on my right shoulder. I had no idea what was going on and I was thankful I was in a truck because I feared being rear ended.

A little time passes and I see a car that is a few cars ahead of me rev up and swerve to the right shoulder where this dude in his car was with the flashers. The look on the dudes face is one I'll never forget.

This dude broke down on the side of the highway and called his girlfriend to come pick him up. I hope he was giving his future with this girl some real hard thought after the stunt she just pulled.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This was one of the main reasons I moved from the Boston area to California. Learned to drive truck in
the Walpole area.

The roads are a nightmare. Wanted to drive truck in mostly open spaces.

some low clearances in Oakland though..