It's the Final Solution!

Box Ox

Nahh!
Management rationalizes their actions and behaviors just like drivers do ... the real difference is the impact of those actions and behaviors on others.
I was in management for 35 years and I never met a person who had problems sleeping at night because of their decisions.

I guess I could see how "If I'm not dishonest about x I'll be fired" could be less than difficult to swallow. No Union. You do it or you're gone. Better be alright with it because that's all you'll ever know.

I'm just saying that if I were one of those people back at home base who make orders they aren't willing to put in writing straight to my board, I'd still be thinking about it when I got home.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess I could see how "If I'm not dishonest about x I'll be fired" could be less than difficult to swallow. No Union. You do it or you're gone. Better be alright with it because that's all you'll ever know.

I'm just saying that if I were one of those people back at home base who make orders they aren't willing to put in writing straight to my board, I'd still be thinking about it when I got home.
Do you think about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

I don't think I could live with that ... I had to get out of driving before my conscience killed me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Orion+stepped up harassment and terminations at will with no concern about Union contract=more drivers so frustrated they are quitting in record numbers. All this is leading up to the Final Solution with the next contract. Ask your FT Sup about it!
" drivers quitting in record numbers"

thanks for the laugh. made my day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That's the one constant with UPS , no matter how bad you think things are, they always get worse.Always
this past 12 months being retired has to be the best 12 months of my life . ( maybe the summer after graduating HS was better )

so guys and gals, there is a light at the ned of the tunnel. work smart and safe and you will get there.

Box Ox

Do you think about that customer that asked you for a later pickup but you couldn't because you have to make pickups in order?

Or how about the customer that asked you for an earlier delivery but you didn't because you have to make deliveries in ORION order?

No, because that's not my choice or dishonest.

Overpaid Union Thug

During my nearly two decades of slinging cardboard in three different buildings (including RPS) I've noticed that hourly folks dont really have any cause for losing sleep unless they are a driver and get in a series accident and get fired. That's a whole other topic. Other than that we shouldn't have a thing (work related) to worry about as long as we do what we are supposed to be doing and are where we are supposed to be. If we screw up that's OK unless we make a chronic habit of it.

Management is a different story. The amount of stress and BS they have to put up with over our failures and/or theirs is beyond evil. That drives the majority of them to become sneaky, dishonest, and some downright evil in order to get their numbers via dishonest means and/or to project the BS from above onto their employees in order to pressure them to be dishonest in order to obtain the numbers. Sadly...... that has lead us to having a culture of liers that won't hesitate to lie, cheat, and screw others over in order to look good on a report.

I chose to be honest and I refuse to be a victim of the aforementioned butt holes (management and hourly) and won't hesitate to stand up to them and/or call them out for it. For that reason I don't lose any sleep over my job. Only dishonest and cowardly people do.

By The Book

I don't think I could live with that ... I had to get out of driving before my conscience killed me.
1. I break for the late pickup 2. I break for the early delivery3. If you were in mgmt for 35 years you surely didn't drive long. Back in the old days we pretty much did what we wanted to as drivers, remember? I think you really wanted to be in mgmt and pursued your goals....nothing wrong with that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was discussing management employees not being able to sleep at night because of their decisions that affected drivers negatively.

You expanded it to their entire job experience.
I did, and a good portion if not the majority of the job exp. for a ors is dealing with drivers and the questionable decisions that are to be made. You are c
orrect in that the ones who can rationalize, for ex, putting a good man on the street for a friend
ew months to grind an axe, unjustified, tend to stick around longer.