floridays

To be fair, there’s literally thousands of posts in the appropriate thread in the appropriate forum.

Posting old songs isn’t Current Events.

Someone will respond to this response and post a link to ‘wutRUlisteng2’ thread, or whatever. Last I checked, it was on the fourth iteration, I don’t go down there muchz.

I tried to bomb this thread as much as much as much as much///::34:$99dddddddddddddddddddddddxxxres435uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

//::OFFLINE
Do you have to be so anal to give a :poop:, @BrownArmy , if you don't like it pass it over, you clowns (@Sportello) are the dictating type however, all the while being "pro choice"
Delicious:lol::thumbup1::2guns:.

LarryBird

Here's one for tonight:
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

And one more from them:
Flaming Lips - Fight Test

They got sued for this one. Cat Stevens took them to court and won for similarities to the song Father and Son. This is a great song either way. See if you think it's too similar to the Cat Steven's song below.

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

Fantastic song. Period. Even if he did lose his mind, the man wrote some great tunes before Allah ruined his career.

BrownArmy

Here's one for tonight:
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

And one more from them:
Flaming Lips - Fight Test

They got sued for this one. Cat Stevens took them to court and won for similarities to the song Father and Son. This is a great song either way. See if you think it's too similar to the Cat Steven's song below.

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

Fantastic song. Period. Even if he did lose his mind, the man wrote some great tunes before Allah ruined his career.

Love the Flaming Lips, can’t stand Cat Stevens.

I don’t care about him going Muslim, his music to me is like a cheese-grater massage.

LarryBird

I've neglected this thread for a few days. Now that I've returned, I see that it needs more Clapton. Both peak Clapton and newish Clapton have been underrepresented thus far. This ends here and now.

Peak era:
Derek and the Dominos - Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?
Derek and the Dominos - Bell Bottom Blues

Newish era:
Eric Clapton - Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight

That should do it for now. But we will revisit Clapton moving forward for sure.

LarryBird

Here's an artist you should know, if you're not already familiar. He's been around for a bit now, but he's about to break very big in the near future...Willie Nelson's son Lukas is a boss.

Lukas Nelson - Find Yourself
Lady Gaga sings backing on this song, and I was pleasantly surprised when I heard her additions.

One of the best versions I've heard of this classic:
Lukas Nelson - After Midnight

This kid pisses talent. His involvement with Neil Young and the 'A Star is Born' movie/soundtrack has raised his profile considerably, and I gotta say he deserves every bit of praise that comes his way. He's not just riding coattails, he's legit.

LarryBird

I'm gonna have to post one more tonight, because quite frankly I love this song, and because I just listened to it a moment ago. The :censored2: is just nice.

Neil Young - Albuquerque (live at the Roxy)

I've been flying...
Down the road
And
I've been starving...
To be alone

Independent
From the scene
That I've known.

This song is just flawless.

BrownArmy

Deep cut.

Like, really deep.

Any Moorcock fans out there?

(Not a joke...Michael Moorcock the author)

He teamed up with the British band Hawkwind for this live performance, a mishmash of Hawkwind songs and a song cycle of Moorcock’s Elric books.

Mad British 80’s quasi-metal randomness.

You’re welcome.

LarryBird

Back to keep this thread alive.
Ryan Adams - To Be Young (Is to Be Sad, Is to Be High)

Always liked this track from the jump when I heard the album back in day.

This is a live version from Austin City Limits from around the same era. If you're gonna listen to one of them, I'd go with this one:
Ryan Adams - To Be Young (live at ACL)

LarryBird

Ryan Adams covers the Grateful Dead with Phil Lesh on bass.
Ryan Adams w/Phil Lesh - Wharf Rat (live 2008 Jammys)

With all due respect to Papa Jer, Ryan Adams was born to sing this song. He straight kills it.