I've Been Working on the Railroad

Slick silver

I think your right about floors, everything else has a install department. It's been to long since I was there.

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Great. Was there an equivalent to FedEx in 1936? No. Were the airlines of 1936 anything like they are today? No. Is the RLA applicable at-all to FedEx? NO. Are you an intelligent representative of the PR Dept? NO. Are you trying to confuse the issue and make it look like the RLA is legitimate? Yes.

And finally, is the RLA a loophole that Fred S exploits endlessly to prevent unionization, up to and including corporate blackmail (Boeing) and political corruption? YES!!!

There were airlines in 1936. FedEx is an airline. Oliver Wendell Holmes, you ain't.

59 Dano

How are we employees and they are not? They pickup from same store/building and cover same area just as we do. A lot of their vans have sears or home depot on them.

MFe is a legal expert pretending to be a FedEx Express courier, that's how he knows. Or maybe it's the other way around.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFe is a legal expert pretending to be a FedEx Express courier, that's how he knows. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Dano is a FedEx shill who works in the Disinformation Department in Memphis. He is not a courier, a manager, or any sort of frontline employee. He is a complete phony.

oldngray

nowhere special
FedEx is an airline that delivers packages. Unlike UPS that is a trucking company that owns airplanes. That gives some operational advantages to FedEx which is why UPS is always trying to get the playing field evened out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is an airline that delivers packages. Unlike UPS that is a trucking company that owns airplanes. That gives some operational advantages to FedEx which is why UPS is always trying to get the playing field evened out.

Gee, kind of sounds like the same thing to me. That begs the question. Why isn't UPS also an "airline"?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There were airlines in 1936. FedEx is an airline. Oliver Wendell Holmes, you ain't.
Then tell us why Fred had to grease DC politicians to the tune of over $30 million to be classified as such for his "special deal." Also elaborate on why most employees are not allowed inside the airplanes if we're an airline?

59 Dano

FedEx is a delivery company (read trucking) that has airplanes. The airlines in 1936 barely existed as we know them now. Josef Goebbels, you are.

FedEx was founded in 1971 as an airline. Put both oars in the water, maybe that will help.

59 Dano

Then tell us why Fred had to grease DC politicians to the tune of over $30 million to be classified as such for his "special deal." Also elaborate on why most employees are not allowed inside the airplanes if we're an airline?

Employees being allowed on the planes has nothing to do with it. A courier has as much business being on a plane as a pilot has being in a truck.

The federal government and the court system determined that Express should be covered under the RLA as far back as 1976, if not earlier.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The federal government and the court system determined that Express should be covered under the RLA as far back as 1976, if not earlier.
Yes, we're quite aware that Fred's been engaging in shady deals with equally-as-shady politicos for many many years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Employees being allowed on the planes has nothing to do with it. A courier has as much business being on a plane as a pilot has being in a truck.

How far up does Fred's hand go? Or is it Matt's? I'm guessing you could park a truck in here by now.

59 Dano

UPS is an airline with trucks, and FedEx is an airline with trucks. There is no difference, Dano, except for Smith's special gift...the RLA.

UPS Airlines doesn't deliver packages. It was formed in 1988 and is owned by UPS Inc.

There is a world of difference that you refuse to see.