I've Been Working on the Railroad

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx was founded in 1971 as an airline. Put both oars in the water, maybe that will help.
He could call it a dance recital business if he felt like it I suppose, but I see a lack of accuracy in calling it an airline but that took $30 million + worth of dirty money to make that classification 'legal' didn't it? How long have you been wet behind the ears?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He could call it a dance recital business if he felt like it I suppose, but I see a lack of accuracy in calling it an airline but that took $30 million + worth of dirty money to make that classification 'legal' didn't it? How long have you been wet behind the ears?

That classification was made in the 1970's when he didn't have $30 million to throw around.

59 Dano

1996........Einstein. And a lot checks written to ass kissing politicians sure helped didn't it? You fool.

You poor thing. You don't know the difference between a 1976 court case and a 1996 rider voted on by Congress. Are you aware that "court" and "Congress" are two completely different parts of our government?

Is the difference between court and Congress taught in GED prep courses?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did you know that our cargo planes are converted to passenger planes used for charter flights on the weekends?

If anything, that means that UPS is even more of a true airline than FedEx. We did the charters after the 1989 Tigers merger, and they had also considered conversion kits from cargo to PAX, but never did it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You poor thing. You don't know the difference between a 1976 court case and a 1996 rider voted on by Congress. Are you aware that "court" and "Congress" are two completely different parts of our government?

Answer the original question, shill. Why is FedEx an airline and UPS isn't, except for the UPS airlines portion? They both fly planes in support of delivery operations, and as Upstate pointed-out, UPS even flies passengers on charters during weekends. That would seem to make UPS more of an airline.

The 1996 FAA Reauthorization Act fiasco was Fred's money at work. They snuck in FedEx-friendly language literally at the last minute....Fred's money at work with his bought and paid-for politicians. FedEx has always been aircraft in support of a delivery service. Over time, that relationship has grown into a delivery service that uses aircraft, with a huge ratio of vehicles to aircraft, and a vast majority of employees that have zero contact with aircraft, airport facilities, or aircraft operations.

In other words, FedEx should be classified just like UPS, with separate trucking and aircraft operations. Let the pilots remain under the RLA. the rest of us should be re-classified NLRA...just like UPS.

Cactus

That classification was made in the 1970's when he didn't have $30 million to throw around.

You must have trouble with elementary grade school math as you keep ignoring the fact that Smith paid good money to have things go his way whether it be in court or with congress. You seem to be very evasive of my original question about why Fred had to pay people off. You must be a shill avoiding hot water with upper management if you say anything. Further proof you're a phony.

bbsam

Staff member
Answer the original question, shill. Why is FedEx an airline and UPS isn't, except for the UPS airlines portion? They both fly planes in support of delivery operations, and as Upstate pointed-out, UPS even flies passengers on charters during weekends. That would seem to make UPS more of an airline.

The 1996 FAA Reauthorization Act fiasco was Fred's money at work. They snuck in FedEx-friendly language literally at the last minute....Fred's money at work with his bought and paid-for politicians. FedEx has always been aircraft in support of a delivery service. Over time, that relationship has grown into a delivery service that uses aircraft, with a huge ratio of vehicles to aircraft, and a vast majority of employees that have zero contact with aircraft, airport facilities, or aircraft operations.

In other words, FedEx should be classified just like UPS, with separate trucking and aircraft operations. Let the pilots remain under the RLA. the rest of us should be re-classified NLRA...just like UPS.
Actually, FDX having opcos covered by the NLRA (Ground, HD, Freight) lends a certain credibility to all of Express being covered by the RLA. If UPS were to separate their operations between air and ground, maybe the air segment would be covered by the RLA. As people here like to say, UPS is probably more efficient so maybe it wouldn't be worth it for them to be covered partially by the RLA. I know you want to believe the two are.the same, but they really aren't. Yeah, they both deliver parcels, but in legal and structural aspects they are very different. Maybe UPS doesn't even care that they are NLRA and Express is RLA. The only ones it seems to make a difference to are the less than 1500 people (according to a sad little petition) who aimed to bring Whitehouse attention to bear.

Cactus

Actually, FDX having opcos covered by the NLRA (Ground, HD, Freight) lends a certain credibility to all of Express being covered by the RLA. If UPS were to separate their operations between air and ground, maybe the air segment would be covered by the RLA. As people here like to say, UPS is probably more efficient so maybe it wouldn't be worth it for them to be covered partially by the RLA. I know you want to believe the two are.the same, but they really aren't. Yeah, they both deliver parcels, but in legal and structural aspects they are very different. Maybe UPS doesn't even care that they are NLRA and Express is RLA. The only ones it seems to make a difference to are the less than 1500 people (according to a sad little petition) who aimed to bring Whitehouse attention to bear.
You sure like to remind us about that. With just an extra 15 minutes or less work from The Teamsters adding it to their website, it could have been much higher.

Now why don't you elaborate for us the legal and structural aspects and how they differentiate with regards to us workforce slobs. And don't be like Dano who conveniently forgets that it took over $30 million dollars to make the RLA (cough, cough) legal.

59 Dano

You're so uneducated. No wonder you are so unhappy!

Express was founded as an airline. That's why it's an airline.

Verbal gymnastics don't change the fact that Express is an airline by every possible interpretation of the word.

Anyone who matters says otherwise, so no.

59 Dano

You must have trouble with elementary grade school math as you keep ignoring the fact that Smith paid good money to have things go his way whether it be in court or with congress. You seem to be very evasive of my original question about why Fred had to pay people off. You must be a shill avoiding hot water with upper management if you say anything. Further proof you're a phony.

Who did he pay off?

59 Dano

You sure like to remind us about that. With just an extra 15 minutes or less work from The Teamsters adding it to their website, it could have been much higher.

Now why don't you elaborate for us the legal and structural aspects and how they differentiate with regards to us workforce slobs. And don't be like Dano who conveniently forgets that it took over $30 million dollars to make the RLA (cough, cough) legal.

So Fred paid a judge $30 million in 1976????

MAKAVELI

You're so uneducated. No wonder you are so unhappy!

Express was founded as an airline. That's why it's an airline.

Verbal gymnastics don't change the fact that Express is an airline by every possible interpretation of the word.

Anyone who matters says otherwise, so no.
What is the definition of an airline?