I've Been Working on the Railroad

bbsam

Staff member
LOFL!!

That depends on how much money you pay the people making the decision. FedEx has an airline component, just like UPS. Both are systems integrators...the exact same thing. UPS and FedEx are analogous.
Does UPS separate their Ground and Air divisions? No. Not "the exact same thing". They could though and then UPS could be considered an airline under the RLA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Does UPS separate their Ground and Air divisions? No. Not "the exact same thing". They could though and then UPS could be considered an airline under the RLA.

UPS also has dedicated NDA drivers. Check your facts. I have also driven for UPS, and their air operation runs just like FedEx. I know because I ran the NDA every night in their CTV.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
UPS also has dedicated NDA drivers. Check your facts. I have also driven for UPS, and their air operation runs just like FedEx. I know because I ran the NDA every night in their CTV.

You're sure of that? It's been a long, long time since you drove for UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Except for the fact that they are very, very different. Keep trying, MF. I'm sure there's someone out there that you can convince. It won't be anyone of note, but it'll be someone.

The air operations run in a very similar fashion. The biggest difference is where the hubs are located...that's about it. Explain to me how they are "very, very different". I know how UPS runs it's ramps...just like FedEx, because I used to run NDA as a Feeder Temp. Same operation with different colored planes and slightly different containers. The same.

59 Dano

Then there's the fact that Express was incorporated as an airline, which trumps all of MF's jailhouse lawyer nonsense.

59 Dano

The air operations run in a very similar fashion. The biggest difference is where the hubs are located...that's about it. Explain to me how they are "very, very different". I know how UPS runs it's ramps...just like FedEx, because I used to run NDA as a Feeder Temp. Same operation with different colored planes and slightly different containers. The same.

Express was incorporated as an airline. That's one big difference. UPS Airlines doesn't deliver packages in trucks to customers. That's another big difference. UPS has every right to seek coverage under the RLA if it so chooses. I don't know what benefit it would gain from doing so since everyone is already a member of a union and the benefits of RLA inclusion are already replicated to a sufficient degree by their existing labor contract.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're sure of that? It's been a long, long time since you drove for UPS.

Their system is the same as ours. The only difference is that they use flatbed trailers during Peak and have some different container configurations. Air ops are identical.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express was incorporated as an airline. That's one big difference. UPS Airlines doesn't deliver packages in trucks to customers. That's another big difference. UPS has every right to seek coverage under the RLA if it so chooses. I don't know what benefit it would gain from doing so since everyone is already a member of a union and the benefits of RLA inclusion are already replicated to a sufficient degree by their existing labor contract.

FedEx airlines doesn't deliver packages in trucks to customers. They operate their aircraft to ramps where a UPS CVT transports the containers to the UPS centers...just like FedEx. UPS would love to be under the RLA so they could screw their employees too. A non-level playing field, tilted all in favor of Smith.

59 Dano

Their system is the same as ours. The only difference is that they use flatbed trailers during Peak and have some different container configurations. Air ops are identical.

So? Express is rightfully covered by the RLA. Most of UPS isn't an airline by any stretch of the imagination.

59 Dano

FedEx airlines doesn't deliver packages in trucks to customers. They operate their aircraft to ramps where a UPS CVT transports the containers to the UPS centers...just like FedEx. UPS would love to be under the RLA so they could screw their employees too. A non-level playing field, tilted all in favor of Smith.

"FedEx airlines" is FedEx Express and FedEx Express delivers packages in trucks to customers. UPS Airlines is the actual name of an actual airline company that was formed in 1988 and is owned and operated by United Parcel Service Inc.

You're being obstinate to the point of immaturity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"FedEx airlines" is FedEx Express and FedEx Express delivers packages in trucks to customers. UPS Airlines is the actual name of an actual airline company that was formed in 1988 and is owned and operated by United Parcel Service Inc.

You've lost the argument. The fact that you have been on here non-stop for several days tells me they're not liking what I'm saying. Tell Fred to cut me a check like he does for his political buddies. Like I said, every time you get on here, I slice and dice you like a carrot. FedEx is mis-classified and the playing field isn't level. Keep trying.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You're just obfuscating and trying to prevent the truth from being exposed. Basically identical air operations, Shill. The two companies are exactly parallel in the way they handle their air product from hub to ramp to station...I-D-E-N-T-I-C-A-L. Tell your boss that you need assistance.

59 Dano

You've lost the argument. The fact that you have been on here non-stop for several days tells me they're not liking what I'm saying. Tell Fred to cut me a check like he does for his political buddies. Like I said, every time you get on here, I slice and dice you like a carrot. FedEx is mis-classified and the playing field isn't level. Keep trying.

I've got decisions by the US Court of Appeals, the National Mediation Board, and the NLRB.

You've got... well, you. It's like you're bragging about being the smartest 16 year-old in the 7th grade.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've got decisions by the US Court of Appeals, the National Mediation Board, and the NLRB.

You've got... well, you. It's like you're bragging about being the smartest 16 year-old in the 7th grade.

You need a helper because you aren't getting the job done. Fred's money goes a long way.

59 Dano

You're just obfuscating and trying to prevent the truth from being exposed. Basically identical air operations, Shill. The two companies are exactly parallel in the way they handle their air product from hub to ramp to station...I-D-E-N-T-I-C-A-L. Tell your boss that you need assistance.

Which one was founded as an airline and which one wasn't? No one denies that they both fly planes and so forth.

UPS is a trucking company that owns a subsidiary airline company that is integrated with its trucking operations. Express is an airline that includes lots of trucks.

59 Dano

You need a helper because you aren't getting the job done. Fred's money goes a long way.

If that's the case, then good luck with your screaming "I'M RIGHT!!! THE REST OF THE WORLD IS WRONG!!!" over and over and over and over on a website. That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.