Jamming the signals?

SnakePlissken

I've always wondered if it were possible to jam or scramble the telematics/GPS signals emitted from both the DIAD and the package cars?

Like maybe some kind of small, portable electronic device that one could carry with them to disrupt "Big Brother" from spying on them?

If so, would it be legal to jam those signals? I'm thinking it would be legal so long as it doesn't affect any other signals controlled by the FCC.

I'm guessing that to do so properly, one would have to have the specific frequency of the signals UPS is receiving.

Just curious...:smart:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are really intent on defrauding the system don't scan the package car barcode and type in all 9's----this will not link the DIAD to your pkg car.

SnakePlissken

If you are really intent on defrauding the system...

I'm not intent on "defrauding" anything. I'd still do my job as strictly by the book as always, but I'd like the ability to cut off their "spywear" or "nanny cam" on occasion. I think it'd be a hoot to appear and disappear throughout the day and give them fits trying to figure out what went wrong.

And how is that considered fraud exactly?

... don't scan the package car barcode and type in all 9's----this will not link the DIAD to your pkg car.

For every single package?! No thanks.

p228

"Jamming devices are radio frequency transmitters that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with lawful communications, such as cell phone calls, text messages, GPS systems, and Wi-Fi networks.

Jammers are illegal to market, sell, or use in the United States.

A single violation of the jamming prohibition can result in tens of thousands of dollars in monetary penalties, seizure of the illegal device, and imprisonment. "

Source: GPS.gov: Information About GPS Jamming

watdaflock?

have-you-seen-my-tin-foil-hat.jpg

brostalss

I think that super heavy cover that a Dentist puts over your chest when taking X-Rays does the trick.

Also going old school works and technically is allowed. You DON'T scan the barcode in the Package Car and DON'T download EDD. Remember what five stops you always need to remember?

jaker

trolling
I'm not intent on "defrauding" anything. I'd still do my job as strictly by the book as always, but I'd like the ability to cut off their "spywear" or "nanny cam" on occasion. I think it'd be a hoot to appear and disappear throughout the day and give them fits trying to figure out what went wrong.
If you do your job by the book then you shouldn't care about them seeing you

Only bad nannys care if someone is watching

twoweeled

If you do your job by the book then you shouldn't care about them seeing you

Only bad nannys care if someone is watching

Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't mind law enforcement placing cameras and microphones throughout your house either. that is, unless your doing something wrong. right?
Only bad people care about being watched.

UPSmechanicinblue

Just unplug the box . Plug it back in every once and a while. You will get the same effect.
Just remember these things have a hard drive, It stores all info when its plugged in. Also if unplugged and plugged in it will show times this was done. These download the info when car returns to the center. We now have new ones that are cellular communication going in the cars where they communicate with the center all day. The old ones are radio comm. Only sent info when engine shut down at the center.