January...blah

NonDeliverOtherMissed

January-worst month to be a UPS driver? I'll agree. Still exhausted from peak, still doing 200 stops but with no helper, getting cold out(hate working with 3 layers of clothing), management starting their BS again(numbers, safety rides, yearly certifications etc.) Anyone else agree January SUCKS?!

DOK

January-worst month to be a UPS driver? I'll agree. Still exhausted from peak, still doing 200 stops but with no helper, getting cold out(hate working with 3 layers of clothing), management starting their BS again(numbers, safety rides, yearly certifications etc.) Anyone else agree January SUCKS?!

Hate the weather and cloths, but we use helpers all month here. Think spring....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A few of my Center's UPS Stores were shipping out 2-300 packages last Monday, more than before Christmas. I was told my golf cart route will be in next week, I still have my Helper.

S

selfcancelsignal

Not that many stops, but other than that, you're speaking my language. Even before I started at Brown, I considered January the worst month of the year. It might be December now though due to peak. I love the $, but it's difficult to get excited for Christmas due to late start times, exhaustion, & missing evening meals. January seems to take forever to push through. February sometimes too, then usually some optimism, thawing, & new energy creep in as we head into March & more daylight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A few of my Center's UPS Stores were shipping out 2-300 packages last Monday, more than before Christmas. I was told my golf cart route will be in next week, I still have my Helper.

I was off last Monday and was told that my pickups were very heavy, with the UPS store right at 200. There were about 30 packages when I swept them for air yesterday.

I just have to get through this week and then I am off for a month.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Yep last Monday Staples on my route had 185...end of day- only 10 pieces. Rest were drop offs. Biggest pain in the @## was they keep everything at their processing center inside the store..no dock.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"A bad day at a especially well paying job beats any good day of unemployment"... (Wally, BC 2016)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not that many stops, but other than that, you're speaking my language. Even before I started at Brown, I considered January the worst month of the year. It might be December now though due to peak. I love the $, but it's difficult to get excited for Christmas due to late start times, exhaustion, & missing evening meals. January seems to take forever to push through. February sometimes too, then usually some optimism, thawing, & new energy creep in as we head into March & more daylight.
February is going to feel like it's a day longer this year.

S

selfcancelsignal

February is going to feel like it's a day longer this year.
Just like every holiday should be on a Friday or Monday so we can all have long weekends with no friend'd up weird work day gaps, every month should be changed to 30 days! This 30 some months, 31 others & February's bizarreness is just blatant stupidity!