January Frontline - December's Peak Disaster

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Since you are so informed, please tell me what year Profit Sharing was last paid out. I'll check my files and let you know how much it was.

You said that your PF was so much more than your FPP. Now you say that you have no idea how much they were or when you stopped getting them. Wow.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You said that your PF was so much more than your FPP. Now you say that you have no idea how much they were or when you stopped getting them. Wow.

And I'm sure your remember everything that has happened in your life. Lol. Good for you! Wish my memory was so good. But since you obviously can't remember either when they stopped, I'll go check my files and get back to you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We say "No," then the customers don't get any of their packages and the shippers have no problem telling them that FedEx refuses to serve them.
Oh please. You know what I'm talking about. FedEx knows how much they can handle but corporate greed always overrides doing the right thing which is serve X amount of customers properly and not XX amount of customers all poorly. Get it?

59 Dano

Great job, BTW, dancing around my question.

You still haven't answered the one I asked first.

You said your biannual profit sharing was much higher than your biannual FPP. Fair enough, how much were the last two profit sharing payouts? I'm asking you a question that you've already indicated you're capable of answering. If you can answer it, why aren't you?

59 Dano

You know what I'm talking about. FedEx knows how much they can handle but corporate greed always overrides doing the right thing which is serve X amount of customers properly and not XX amount of customers all poorly. Get it?

When you, as Joe Customer, take your package to FedEx and FedEx says, "Sorry, we can't take your package. We're too busy," what kind of impression does that leave on you? And the recipient? Would you (and the recipent) rather take a small chance that the pkg might not get there on time, or be turned down and not have it get there at all?

And the company did, after all, turn down freight.

MAKAVELI

When you, as Joe Customer, take your package to FedEx and FedEx says, "Sorry, we can't take your package. We're too busy," what kind of impression does that leave on you? And the recipient? Would you (and the recipent) rather take a small chance that the pkg might not get there on time, or be turned down and not have it get there at all?

Why can't you just admit, Fred and upper management dropped the ball?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Big difference between Joe Customer with a solitary package vs. Amazon dumping an extra 2 million packages on us with very little notice.

And what freight DID the company turn down? An isolated customer with bad credit?

Why can't you just admit, Fred and upper management dropped the ball?

Cause he has his nose so far up the upper managements ass, he can't get it out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You still haven't answered the one I asked first.

You said your biannual profit sharing was much higher than your biannual FPP. Fair enough, how much were the last two profit sharing payouts? I'm asking you a question that you've already indicated you're capable of answering. If you can answer it, why aren't you?

What a childish response. Anyway, I found the information. PS payout for me for 1996-$420, 1997-$430, 1998-$528, 1999-$130 (may have been parttime then, not sure). However, in addition to PS we also got BPP, and TRIPP pay which added even more--1999-$2,000, 2001-$642. My FPP payout last year was a whopping $87. Now, tell us again how good FPP is and how good we have it?!

PS--Since you also couldnt remember, PS was last paid out in 1999.

hypo hanna

My bad. There were NO issues, none at all, with any large national shippers whose own projections were completely off the mark. There is no way that that could conceivably happen under any circumstance.
Again, we could have said no to that much excess freight. My station handles many high volume shippers a d we took everything they had over their projected.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Im just curious why my post about dano being up fred's rear end was deleted.

Because the FedEx Forums moderator thinks the same way Dano does. Unless you used foul language, your post should have been allowed to stand. bbsam's pro-FedEx slant might be a bigger issue than I originally thought and brings up the issue of whether someone who is a FedEx ISP can be a fair moderator.

bbsam

Staff member
Because the FedEx Forums moderator thinks the same way Dano does. Unless you used foul language, your post should have been allowed to stand. bbsam's pro-FedEx slant might be a bigger issue than I originally thought and brings up the issue of whether someone who is a FedEx ISP can be a fair moderator.
what a doofus. I didn't remove it.

hypo hanna

OH PLEASE!
We refused plenty of freight during the Brown Out and we were able to hold on to the customers. Whether they want to admit it or not, they know darn well that fedex has a finite amount of resources to handle a finite volume of freight and still reach the service levels we promise them. If they don't know that, its mgmt and sales responsibility to make them aware and to do what's best for ALL of the customers who choose fedex not just the few heavy, (and heavily discounted) shippers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You

who said I did? And what track record do I have of moderating anything here in a pro-Fedex manner?

How would we know? I have frequently had posts amended or abbreviated, not necessarily by you. You are obviously pro-FedEx, which brings your objectivity into question. Like I said, I have had posts "modified" in the past, usually because someone didn't like my phraseology. Sometimes, they disappear entirely. If I violate the Terms of Service, then my post can/should be removed, but if someone is editorializing or changing my posts so they fit their agenda, then that is wrong

I don't have an issue with your pro-FedEx stance as long as you don't decide to use your Moderator powers for evil instead of good.