The MrFedEx Annual Express Peak Prediction(s)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My SM put out a Peak Update letter today informing us that our planned OT for Peak is 16% whereas last last year we were at 19%. Also, our OT for January will be cut in half. Golly gee, that ought to get the troops motivated for Peak.

Oh yeah, and the non-DOT couriers will be working on Sunday the 20th because everyone was happy it gave them a jump on Monday. So that means working 11 days in a row. I'm SO excited!!

Oh, but wait..,.there's more. No one over ten hours worked, no exceptions. Lol.

Purplepackage

My SM put out a Peak Update letter today informing us that our planned OT for Peak is 16% whereas last last year we were at 19%. Also, our OT for January will be cut in half. Golly gee, that ought to get the troops motivated for Peak.

Oh yeah, and the non-DOT couriers will be working on Sunday the 20th because everyone was happy it gave them a jump on Monday. So that means working 11 days in a row. I'm SO excited!!

The overtime at my station is through the roof since Monday, I've worked 11 hours the past 3 days, I've become a turtle..if they want me to leave the building at 10:30 and give us "an extra hour" for p1 I literally run pure cycles and go at a nice pace that sets me up for overtime

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The overtime at my station is through the roof since Monday, I've worked 11 hours the past 3 days, I've become a turtle..if they want me to leave the building at 10:30 and give us "an extra hour" for p1 I literally run pure cycles and go at a nice pace that sets me up for overtime

I've been over 11 hrs the past two days, so have a bunch of people. We just laugh at the stupidity of the daily "no one over ten" messages. There aren't enough bodies to make it happen. I'm not moving faster to make their goal. If mgmt wants me under ten, it's THEIR job to make it happen.

Purplepackage

I've been over 11 hrs the past two days, so have a bunch of people. We just laugh at the stupidity of the daily "no one over ten" messages. There aren't enough bodies to make it happen. I'm not moving faster to make their goal. If mgmt wants me under ten, it's THEIR job to make it happen.

This is shaping up to be just like 2013

dvalleyjim

We have one ISP failing already. 2 drivers quit, one got injured picking up a transmission from a customer. It was leaking oil and he slipped. 3 ruptured discs. Terminal can't hire temps because no on wants to work for 12.00/hr. I haven't seen it this bad in the 3 years I've been at this station. Seem the ISP model has problems.

Purplepackage

We have one ISP failing already. 2 drivers quit, one got injured picking up a transmission from a customer. It was leaking oil and he slipped. 3 ruptured discs. Terminal can't hire temps because no on wants to work for 12.00/hr. I haven't seen it this bad in the 3 years I've been at this station. Seem the ISP model has problems.

Well you can't blame anyone for not wanting to put up with this bull:censored2: for 12 bucks an hour

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's impossible, because overtime is supposed to go down, as per Operational Needs. I love it when they project numbers directly from their butts.

Purplepackage

That's impossible, because overtime is supposed to go down, as per Operational Needs. I love it when they project numbers directly from their butts.

I love that we aren't supposed to start out "peak plan" for another week. We are slammed now and yet overtime is supposed to get cut LOL

gixxer squid

Wow, only 1. We have two failing in ours, both newbies and first peak.

With the ISP model, its not the terminals problem to hire P/T Its the contractors, remember it is the contractors business....hahhahahahhahhahahaha

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Check policy....DOT and non-DOT are held to the SAME hours of service restrictions. It is the couriers responsibility to prevent violations, so refuse to co-operate with policy violations.

SmithBarney

Check policy....DOT and non-DOT are held to the SAME hours of service restrictions. It is the couriers responsibility to prevent violations, so refuse to co-operate with policy violations.

Non-DOT Held to the "COMPANY" policy on HOS, which can/will be thrown out on a whim.
DOT held to DOT policy.

Plenty of CRRs won't work Sundays, and FedEx won't touch them with a 10ft pole, Church is the only word you need to say, of course you'll go to hell if you are lying about it... ;)

Bounty

Come to ground, the contractors don't have to follow labor laws.

bacha29

Bounty is spot on. A lot of people who became contractors discovered often by means of unpleasent experiences that they are outside the protecction of every state and federal labor law that was ever enacted. That is one of the reasons the contractor model exists. In fact migrant farm workers have better protection under the law than a FXG contractor.

Purplepackage

First week of December and my days are already starting to run together, we are already letting 4x10s work their day off we are so busy.

I honestly don't remember being this busy this early in the month before

McFeely

Huge Member
we are already letting 4x10s work their day off we are so busy.

I honestly don't remember being this busy this early in the month before

I'm 4x10 and so far I'm the first one who is working his day off (today). That being said, my numbers skyrocketed on Wednesday (152 stops; the route is built on 100 stops) and I could have used more help but we just didn't have it.

Oh, and I'm working Saturday too so the doubletime will be nice. I'm just gonna be beat at the end of each week.

Sparky

Man here's the difference between brown and express, just heard the ups guy tell his helper he has 100 stops left, meanwhile I've got about 30 and just got drafted for my day off. After yet another late start, they sent is out on time and guess they gave all the late freight to the part timers. So we got half the freight and making service on it while the other half is straight lining their day.