Jimmy Carter Pulls the Race Card

fact check

Racism exists. It will always exist. It's not just black & white........

RE: the president, it's his policy that I disagree with and speak against because he's stupid, not because he's black.

I hate it when Dems. won't talk about policy and immediately respond "you're a racist" as an answer to a legitimate question. I'm too old and too heavy to be walking on eggshells anymore. I will not be forced to be P.C. I am your worst nightmare....the exact opposite of Jeanine Garafolo!!

I will even walk into a public school and whisper a Hail Mary!! :wink2:

You, of all people call the President stupid? What is your reasoning behind that opinion? It's alright to disagree with his policy, but just to say 'he's stupid' really just reveals a deep seated fear on your part, not an intelligent, well reasoned, thought process.

What is the legitimate question you asked that the response was 'you're a racist?'

I think the President has been crystal clear on his policy, but the opposition has portrayed it in a way that is not conducive to rational discussion.

How does one respond to being simultaneously being called a Fascist and a Marxist?

What in the world is wrong with trying to provide reasonably priced heath care to citizens of the United States? What is the problem with trying to prevent people from going bankrupt due to health issues?

over9five

Staff member
\ I will note however, that the liberals for the most part have disavowed themselves of Carter's statements. When is the RNC going to stop supporting the crazy statements made by it's extremists?

Are you calling Carter an extremist? He seems like a typical liberal Democrat. And have the liberals really disavowed that statement? I did hear Obama disagree with it, but really, what else could he say?

Who exactly ARE the "RNC extremists"? PLEASE don't answer Rush, Hannity, etc. To compare radio personalities with an ex-President is pretty lopsided.

over9five

Staff member
a Marxist?

What in the world is wrong with trying to provide reasonably priced heath care to citizens of the United States? What is the problem with trying to prevent people from going bankrupt due to health issues?

How many trillions of dollars is our country in debt? A lot of people think Mr Obama should work on that first.

Blah blah blah, I know, it is all President Bush's fault, but he is no longer President!

Just saying, I would rather Mr Obama work on reducing the deficit instead of adding to it. When he fixes the deficit, THEN I would support some of the other big ticket items he wants to work on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
His stupidity shows through his grasp of basic mathmatics when discussing his health plan......He apparently has a money tree in the backyard with an unlimited supply of $$$$.

Every idea he spouts, showcases his lack of knowledge (stupidity was a shorter word) in all aspects of his presidency.

I don't have the time nor the intention of listing things here for you. It's my opinion and that's my story and I'm sticking to it !!

fact check

How many trillions of dollars is our country in debt? A lot of people think Mr Obama should work on that first.

Blah blah blah, I know, it is all President Bush's fault, but he is no longer President!

Just saying, I would rather Mr Obama work on reducing the deficit instead of adding to it. When he fixes the deficit, THEN I would support some of the other big ticket items he wants to work on.

Did you realize that the US spends $8000 on every man, woman and child right now? $2.2 Trillion! Wouldn't you like to see that reformed?

The average large company pays over $13,000/yr in insurance premiums for their workers. Wouldn't you rather have that in your paycheck?

Inform yourself, rather that repeat the fears of those who support the insurance industry.

As to your final point, it seems that every few cycles the country must elect a Democrat to fix the financial mess created by the Republicans.

fact check

His stupidity shows through his grasp of basic mathmatics when discussing his health plan......He apparently has a money tree in the backyard with an unlimited supply of $$$$.

Every idea he spouts, showcases his lack of knowledge (stupidity was a shorter word) in all aspects of his presidency.

I don't have the time nor the intention of listing things here for you. It's my opinion and that's my story and I'm sticking to it !!

Read this and do the 'mathmatics'(sic):

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/fy2010_key_healthcare/

And yes, he does have a money tree, and is using it, otherwise we would be in a Depression by now.

BTW, I think you are confusing what you perceive to be ignorance, with stupidity. What would that make you?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And yes, he does have a money tree, and is using it, otherwise we would be in a Depression by now.

Please explain to poor old me how endless spending stops a financial downturn ?
And to date the only signs of all this spending has been just that signs along the highways saying "paid for by stimulus $$ ".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw one of those "brag" signs. I was on the toll road travelling to the Newport Coast and this big green sign explained that it was my money at work as they widened the bridge and the road.

What a waste of MY money. We already know it's our dollars at work. The republicans wanted to do away with the signs to save $$$, but the Dems. wouldn't hear of it. They fight, we suffer and pay.:biting:

island1fox

:wink2:President Obama --Stupid or Liar ?

After sitting there 20 yrs ---I did not know the true rev Wright
I did not know about Ayers
I did not that most of the cabinet appointees are Tax cheats
I did not know that Tom Daschle was a health care lobbyist
I told you no bill would be signed by me unless the American people had a chance to read it -----No one read the STIMULOUS --He signed it.
During his run for office -----the economy is a TOTAL disaster ---In office he claims we did not know how bad economy was.
Major Melt down in economy was 40 years in the making with Liberal welfare programs including Fannie and Freddy-continues to blame Bush
Blames new AIG Ceo for executive bonus program ---discovers it was part of the stimulous he did not read !!
He did not know the backround of his Green Czar !!
As an attorney he represented community group ACORN ---On Sunday tells Stephanopolis that he did not know ACORN was getting millions from taxpayer money
Etc , Etc, Etc .

Maybe he is not stupid ----Maybe he is not a liar !!

Maybe it is just us ! We allow ourselves to be BAMBOOZLED !!(his word):dissapointed: Now I guess I am a racist --- because of what Obama says and does !!

fact check

Obama and two other attorneys represented ACORN in a 1995 federal civil lawsuit against the state of Illinois — Gov. James Edgar and other state officials were the named defendants — to demand that it enforce a new federal law known as "motor voter," which allowed people to register to vote when they got their drivers' licenses. There were five other named plaintiffs in the case, but ACORN was the lead plaintiff. Among the groups that sided with ACORN in the matter: the U.S. Department of Justice and the League of Women Voters. The courts concluded that Illinois had to enforce the law, and the case generated several federal court orders through 1995 and 1996.

over9five

Staff member
From his campaigning:

"My administration will have only the most ethical people".

Read "tax cheat" part of above post.

"I will bring aboard new people with new ideas".

All I see are Clinton retreads who wouldn't know a new idea if it hit them in the head.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"President Obama --Stupid or Liar ?"

I vote 'yes' to both !!

In 1996, barry filled out a questionaire listing key supporters for his campaign for Ill. Senate. He put Acorn first and it wasn't an alphabetical list.
Today he claims to have no knowledge about what Acorn is doing ? hmmmm..

island1fox

:happy-very:Obama continues to claim that people who own small business and other non-health insured people that will be "forced" to purchase health care ---this is not a tax.
On page 29 of the Senate Bill --another he has not read ---it states"An excise tax will be levied as a penalty for those who do not purchase a health care plan ".
Question again ----Stupid, Incompetant or just a plain Liar ?

bbsam

Staff member
Are you calling Carter an extremist? He seems like a typical liberal Democrat. And have the liberals really disavowed that statement? I did hear Obama disagree with it, but really, what else could he say?

Who exactly ARE the "RNC extremists"? PLEASE don't answer Rush, Hannity, etc. To compare radio personalities with an ex-President is pretty lopsided.
I will let you determine who the Republican leaders are. Radio personalities seem to be the ones calling the shots for your party.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I find it rather strange that no one has brought up the newest illegal activities
of this administration.
Namely trying to use the NEA to promote the healthcare mess.

over9five

Staff member
I will let you determine who the Republican leaders are. Radio personalities seem to be the ones calling the shots for your party.

It seems to me that the liberals are the ones continually bringing up talk show hosts as some sort of leaders. The liberals are playing the key role in giving radio people legitimacy. The same way liberals give so much credence to Hollywood actors. I really don't understand that...

You need look no further than this website. Which member mentions Beck, Hannity etc the most? The Other Side.

It's pretty rare a conservative brings up these men, and never as "party leaders".