Jobs available

Mr. Marshall

Not true. That is like saying all UPSers make 100,000k a year. Most construction work is low paid and much of it is much harder than UPS. Trust me I worked construction as a young man and built much of my home on weekends and nights for a few years (while driving mind you).

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
They will be different either way.
Boy funny how much you are on here now that the ballots are being sent out to us over the next few days, are you sure your not trying to push your union buddy's deal? First you argue for the contract and then you are for a strike. Make up your mind and pick a side TonyQ, there is nothing worse then a coward that cant pick a stance and stick with it. MAN THE :censored2: UP!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"This thing is going to go down -- it’s going to go down in flames – and it needs to because it’s a very bad agreement,” Teamsters Local 89 President Fred Z told about two dozen package car drivers at a “Vote No” rally on Friday morning. “We can do better.”

His "captive audience" was a whole two dozen drivers ?

A Local of that size ?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
$75,000 a year with benefits; no college needed. Yet local employers can’t fill jobs

yeah except

"There simply aren’t enough highly trained electricians, plumbers, heating, mechanical workers and tile setters to meet the demand"

its not like anyone can just jump off the packager car and start swinging a hammer or turning a wrench. delivering and driving a package car definitely requires stamina and endurance and a thick skin no doubt, but i cant think of any particular "skill set" required.

Non sequitur

Not true. That is like saying all UPSers make 100,000k a year. Most construction work is low paid and much of it is much harder than UPS. Trust me I worked construction as a young man and built much of my home on weekends and nights for a few years (while driving mind you).

Started out as an apprentice union carpenter out of highschool. As long as companies hire legals, they receive great wages and a better pension. Talked to a fella I worked with 30 years ago who told me his pension benefit was $5200 a month if he retired now.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
yeah except

"There simply aren’t enough highly trained electricians, plumbers, heating, mechanical workers and tile setters to meet the demand"

its not like anyone can just jump off the packager car and start swinging a hammer or turning a wrench. delivering and driving a package car definitely requires stamina and endurance and a thick skin no doubt, but i cant think of any particular "skill set" required.
Read the article. They are training people there. No one wants to do manual labor, it’s becoming harder to find people willing to sweat for a buck. We have the power now, is all I’m saying. Not the office dick wad.

oldngray

nowhere special
Read the article. They are training people there. No one wants to do manual labor, it’s becoming harder to find people willing to sweat for a buck. We have the power now, is all I’m saying. Not the office dick wad.

They want to be paid to sit at a computer in an air conditioned office and play games half the day.