JUDGE OK'S Female Genital Mutilation

Indecisi0n

I have heard of them and believed much of it had to do with unsanitary conditions in third world countries. I would hope it would be different in the US but would not be at all surprised if it isn’t.
Most places do not consider it illegal because its considered a religious act.

vantexan

Some Christians practice FGM also.

Wonder if priests like their young boys circumcised?
FGM=Female Genital Mutilation. Doesn't involve boys. What I don't get is trying to cover for what Muslims do by pointing to what Christians do. FGM is a terrible practice based on misguided ideas of some Muslims. It shouldn't be defended for any reason.

BrownArmy

FGM is just that, genital mutilation.

Circumcision is, whatever your idea about it, simply minor plastic surgery.

To compare the two is misguided.

I would happily kill any father who would subject his girl-child to this barbaric practice.

‘Nuff said.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I would happily kill any father who would subject his girl-child to this barbaric practice.

‘Nuff said.
The saddest part of all this is it’s usually the female relatives that are the biggest push for FGM.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

There are different kinds of female circumcision, some of them are right in the ballpark of male circumsion. I find them both barbaric.

These are ancient practices that primitive civilizations came up with. People will come up with all kinds of excuses and justifications for them.

Seems silly to defend one and show disgust for the other.