July 3rd, Mass Hysteria

clean hairy

Why sress about it?
Just work with the hand you are dealt.
I dont worry about what might happen in the future, only what is happening now.
Blood pressure could be sky high if I worried and stresssd about everthing that might happen in the future.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have traditionally brought more missed stops back on July 3rd or 5th than I do on December 19th or 20th. Self-inflicted service failures due to forced stupidity on the part of my management team are a lot harder for me to stomach than simply being maxed out during peak season.
Bingo. I know of a center that this exactly happened at. July 3 and the 6th. Complete disasters. All because they were told run x number of routes and the center manager didn't have the stones to run more.

govols019

You smell that?
Our preload supervisor put in 4 more routes than the "plan" and just took the butt chewing for making the center successful in spite of I.E.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our preload supervisor put in 4 more routes than the "plan" and just took the butt chewing for making the center successful in spite of I.E.
He was probably smart enough to realize that he was going to get his butt chewed no matter what he did. If he obeyed the IE idiots he would get chewed out for the resulting missed stops. If he put in enough routes to avoid missed stops, the IE idiots would chew his butt for failing to hit the Stops Per Car metric they wanted to see on a report. Lose/lose. If your butt is going to get chewed regardless, it might as well be for doing the right thing instead of the wrong one.