June 5th 9.5 list.

Faceplanted

In my local, ALL DRIVERS are AUTOMATICALLY on the 9-5 list effective the date of contract ratification.

Idk how it was done, but it was done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my local, ALL DRIVERS are AUTOMATICALLY on the 9-5 list effective the date of contract ratification.

Idk how it was done, but it was done.
Locals are basically taking it upon themselves to do whatever is easiest for them. They don’t want to mess with the whole opt on/off part

542thruNthru

Did they say it’s a 6 months on/off list?

That’s what they are trying to say here. Instead of the ability to opt off and on.

No and it's actually only 5 months. So your managment is even dumber.

Though they did try and say it doesn't go into affect until June 15th. Though my local argued that if they had done the list on Jan 5 that everyone would still be under 9.5 right now anyways. So my BA is saying that they are treating it as if everyone is on the list right now. Not starting June 15th.

Brownslave688

No and it's actually only 5 months. So your managment is even dumber.

Though they did try and say it doesn't go into affect until June 15th. Though my local argued that if they had done the list on Jan 5 that everyone would still be under 9.5 right now anyways. So my BA is saying that they are treating it as if everyone is on the list right now. Not starting June 15th.
What a mess. But you’re still supposed to be able to opt off with one weeks notice then back on with 1 weeks notice if you want so it shouldn’t be a 5 month list like it was before

542thruNthru

What a mess. But you’re still supposed to be able to opt off with one weeks notice then back on with 1 weeks notice if you want so it shouldn’t be a 5 month list like it was before

Yes, our local even made special forums for us to fill out and give to our center manager and Stewards to get on or off the list.

542thruNthru

My local said same thing , if you sign it your on it for 6 months..which is fine with me I was hoping it was for the remainder of my career

This make no sense though. Fine I'll just wait 1 week after June 5th and get on the 9.5 list then. Then I'll have the ability to opt in and out as many times as I want.

Brownslave688

Your local isn't saying this are they?
Uhhh yeah

We had a PCM said it’s on or off for the duration. I was like uhhhh that’s not what the contract says. My boss was like well that’s what they decided on a local level.

I said well the local rider wasn’t opened for renegotiation. And the local doesn’t have the power to just decide it’s not going to follow the national contract.

That’s when a steward pulled me to the side and said well this is the locals stance on how it’s gonna work.

542thruNthru

Uhhh yeah

We had a PCM said it’s on or off for the duration. I was like uhhhh that’s not what the contract says. My boss was like well that’s what they decided on a local level.

I said well the local rider wasn’t opened for renegotiation. And the local doesn’t have the power to just decide it’s not going to follow the national contract.

That’s when a steward pulled me to the side and said well this is the locals stance on how it’s gonna work.

That's when I'd say. "Well my NLRB charge trumps your backroom decision."