Juneteenth is now a federal holiday !!!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You brought up that the Romans started treating their slaves better so it's a fair point.
They had to since the supply was dwindling. And if you paid the equivalent price of new Cadillac for a slave, would you abuse it? I’m sure abuse occurred, but it makes no sense from an economic perspective, to damage expensive property you need for your livelihood. If it was so bad, more would have run away.

vantexan

They had to since the supply was dwindling. And if you paid the equivalent price of new Cadillac for a slave, would you abuse it? I’m sure abuse occurred, but it makes no sense from an economic perspective, to damage expensive property you need for your livelihood. If it was so bad, more would have run away.
There was slavery throughout the Roman Empire, not just in Rome itself. As there was in most of the known world at that time. But the U.S. South was trying to hang on to the practice when in the rest of the Christian world it had been outlawed. The Civil War may not have been about slavery but it took the Civil War to end it in the U.S.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yeah, they told four and a half million people, "You are free, hit the road,” and made no provision for education, etc. Just told them to go. Of course they drifted back into sharecropping, which is a form of slavery, don't forget white people fed their kids by doing the same. What a disaster.
If the South had won, slavery wouldn’t have survived into the twentieth century. It would have been brought to an end in a more gradual, less disastrous way.
Mmmmm..what about those troubles we’ve got today with black communities?? Being released into the world without being prepared to deal with it."Gonna pull out my nine and bus a cap." Yeah..Yeah..Kill Kill da white man.

UnionStrong

There was slavery throughout the Roman Empire, not just in Rome itself. As there was in most of the known world at that time. But the U.S. South was trying to hang on to the practice when in the rest of the Christian world it had been outlawed. The Civil War may not have been about slavery but it took the Civil War to end it in the U.S.
I’m aware of slaves throughout the Roman Empire. I never said there weren’t. When speaking of Rome, it’s generally accepted that it’s the empire with all the over 40 provinces it had.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, they told four and a half million people, "You are free, hit the road,” and made no provision for education, etc. Just told them to go. Of course they drifted back into sharecropping, which is a form of slavery, don't forget white people fed their kids by doing the same. What a disaster.
If the South had won, slavery wouldn’t have survived into the twentieth century. It would have been brought to an end in a more gradual, less disastrous way.
Mmmmm..what about those troubles we’ve got today with black communities?? Being released into the world without being prepared to deal with it."Gonna pull out my nine and bus a cap." Yeah..Yeah..Kill Kill da white man.
The North sending in carpetbaggers after the war didn't help much either.

UnionStrong

It was madness.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
LOL cry some more, racist
20230122_151831.jpg