Juneteenth is now a federal holiday !!!

The big package

Juneteenth is now a federal holiday . It really should be a day off for African Americans and Republicans to enjoy and celebrate together !!! Instead it's just another day off for federal workers as if like they need another paid day off !!!

Box Ox

Call your Senator and complain. The vote for it in the Senate was unanimous.

Why should Juneteenth be a national holiday?

Because I'm glad my Confederate ancestors were defeated in the Civil War and their slaves emancipated. It's an event in American history worthy of celebration.

For those who aren't aware:

"Juneteenth (a portmanteau of June and nineteenth)[2](also known as Freedom Day,[3] Jubilee Day,[4] Liberation Day,[5] and Emancipation Day[6]) is a holiday celebrating the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States."

Juneteenth - Wikipedia

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because I'm glad my Confederate ancestors were defeated in the Civil War and their slaves emancipated. It's an event in American history worthy of celebration.
Then why not a holiday commemorating the emancipation proclamation or the thirteenth amendment?

Why are we making a Texas holiday a national holiday? You might want to try actually reading that wiki page pal.

El Correcto

god is dead
Because I'm glad my Confederate ancestors were defeated in the Civil War and their slaves emancipated. It's an event in American history worthy of celebration
Wow you actually think black people are free in this country? That’s just your white privilege speaking, now shut up pecker wood, quit trying to make this moment about you. This is a moment for black people. Black Power!

Box Ox

Wow you actually think black people are free in this country? That’s just your white privilege speaking, now shut up wood pecker, quit trying to make this moment about you. This is a moment for black people. Black Power!

I think one can be fine with Juneteenth without being a BLMer.

e.g., Every Republican US Senator. You should call or write yours to complain.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think one can be fine with Juneteenth without being a BLMer.

e.g., Every Republican US Senator. You should call or write yours to complain.
Oh so now standing up for Black Lives Matter makes you some sort of BLMer like it’s a bad thing whitey. I’ll have you know black lives do matter you ignorant racist.