Just fired...I feel so dumb

raceanoncr

Ya, I get all that brother, but you still havent answered any of my questions. You provided a bit more info this time around, but you still are dancing around liability. There are alot of "I's" and "WE's" but I dont see anything from you that collaborates the "WE" part.

Well, you certainly write with authority on THIS subject anyway...HAVEN'T ANSWERED ANY QUESTIONS!

over9five

Staff member
TOS can write a 15 paragraph response to your post without answering any of your questions......

....and then whine because you won't answer any of hers!

THETOWN

Feelsdumb. If it makes you feel any better(I'm not being sarcastic, we're all upsers here). Our center reviewed the DOT compliance statutes. Obviously, this is an issue at UPS.Because as we all know driver safety is a reactionary issue to UPS.

TUT

Alot of people at UPS ,and here on this board have done a lot of crazy and stupid things over the years to HELP OUT or TAKE one for the TEAM !!! Most of us at one time drank the Brown Kool Aid, though most forget !! You know it was wrong and yet you tried to take one for the team !!
Unfortunatley for you,we are in the computer age where nothing can be hidden.
This KID made a big mistake , and knows it. Was man enough to admit it and just wants to move on and get his job back !! LETS ALL drop our STONES and wish him the best !!
We all skipped lunch at one time in our career and we all pulled send agains off car after punching out and other silly things !! Lets not convict him here,let the UNION take care of him as he just deserves and just wish him the best as it could of been anyone of us back in the day !!!
Good Luck Kid and I know you learned a lesson !!!

We live in a retarded world. Isn't worth it anymore. How people treat others is disgusting.

Also isn't this just more employee harassment that your company has stated they will back off of?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Had panel early last week. Just heard officially now that I start back to work tonight. Was a very interesting and scary process.
Feelsdumb, I am very happy you got your job back. You deserved it. You meant no harm and were just trying to service the customer. This time, please remember that only you have your back when it comes to these situations. Good luck to you and I happy you got your job back. :happy-very:
Meno.

LKLND3380

You were working as directed by your supervisor...
IF those pacakges needed to go out before your time they could have called a regular driver in.

Feelsdumb

Glad to hear it. Any back pay?

No, they just said it was reduced to suspension/time served. It was a few days over a month in total. I'm just happy to be back honestly. The back pay I never even expected at all, even though it was part of the grievance, it was more of a bargaining chip, I was told, than anything.

Hey buddy, Always remember, Cover your *****!!!!! it happens everyday at Brown.
You just got caught. When it comes down to your job or there's.....you will really see who your are cool with!!!
Next time, just notify your sup. of your 10 hours and punch in at the correct time, if you are going to have service problems, let them know.
You are covered, know the problem is on them!!! Dont ever go in a office with security with out Union rep or shop stewart.ever!!!!
If you feel like your job is being questioned, never sign anything.FYI

Feelsdumb

Sup got his job back. Started up again this week. I guess his job was directly tied to mine on this issue, at least I'm guessing that's how HR saw it.

bitter to the bone

Glad you got your job back. Now as every one else has posted , cover your a%^ .Watch what your doing and keep your nose clean because UPS is watching you and won't hesitate to discharge you again. Next time you might not be as lucky especially if they look back in your record for any past violations,and this one is on your record.

Remember that you are a union member. Your loyalty is to the union first and UPS 2nd. The union got you your job back not UPS.

Good luck, in the future. May the lessons you have learned from this experience stay in the forefront of your mind and may you remember them every single day you walk into your job at UPS.

A

anonymous6

hope you get your job back.

also hope you understand the reason for dot hrs regulations. drivers need proper rest between shifts. how would you feel if you killed someones mother, father, or child because you were tired? not properly rested?

the companies hands may be tied. our insurance co many say no about you getting a driving job back. too much of a liability.

also , all drivers. even if you have had 10 hrs off work and you are sick or still too tired to drive, it is your responsibilty NOT to work for the safety of the general public.( and yourself )

the dot and icc will back you up on that. the co cannot punish you for calling in sick if you feel you are not well enough or rested enough to drive a commercial vehicle . just don't abuse this.