Just for Salesguy (so you dont get confused there big guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ill split the post into sections so you dont get confused. I know, more than one fact at a time gets confusing for ya.

I ordered fish for the retail shop. They shipped out 57 boxes from 33-35 pounds or so each. They left upper indiana on thursday afternoon, and were delivered here by 9:30 the next morning. All for less than $20 a box. Not one was damaged, not one was leaking. Funny how fumbling fedex cant get things right. Could you have done better on the price? I already know about the service end of it.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
what do you mean could i do better on the price? if that is your price from UPS or fedex?

and what about the part about drivers releasing the packages or soemthing?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Part two.

I own a retail shop. The hours are 9-6. Simple really.

The regular driver gets here between 10:45-11 AM. Unless I get air, and usually he makes commit. Not always, but usually.

They cut routes, my delivery time is after 5PM, and many times the next day, because they come after the shop closes. Not your fault, but it is interesting how in your words, "it is a you problem, not a me problem".

Since much of what I order are items for construction, that extra day is costly for my business. YEah, I know, order the items air. But you see, for me to use UPS ground and have it be dependable is wonderful. When it becomes undependable, and I pay extra for that undependability, well that affects my bottom line.

Which is all that UPS is interested in when they change my delivery times.

So while I bleed brown, I have to think about my stockholders.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
ground is guaranteed by end of day....have a problem, call the 800 number.

wait wait wait...so you do use FedEx? i'm done with you now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ITem #3

Since we are a retail shop with regular hours, why is it that the drivers insist on leaving without a signature, even though someone is here (many times assisting with the unloading of packages). That Driver release is a cost to my business, but seems to be nothing more than revenue enhancements for the center team. But that has also affected the bottom line.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
ITem #3

Since we are a retail shop with regular hours, why is it that the drivers insist on leaving without a signature, even though someone is here (many times assisting with the unloading of packages). That Driver release is a cost to my business, but seems to be nothing more than revenue enhancements for the center team. But that has also affected the bottom line.

d

am i wrong, but you are not allowed to DR packages at a business. that is against the rules. that is a mistake that should be followed up on and the driver should be held responsible.

and do you or do you not use FedEx and work for UPS?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Now, I have broken the thing up for you so you dont get your mathematical mind in a tizzy.

The bottom line. UPS is only interested in theirs. That is the reason they are screwing with mine.

So while I do get in a lot of items via UPS each day, there is a lot more coming in Fedex. Not because I want it to, but because I, as a business man, have to worry about my bottom line.

Remember, the customer is UPS's only line of defense against going out of business. So why are they treated like crap?

Nite

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Now, I have broken the thing up for you so you dont get your mathematical mind in a tizzy.

The bottom line. UPS is only interested in theirs. That is the reason they are screwing with mine.

So while I do get in a lot of items via UPS each day, there is a lot more coming in Fedex. Not because I want it to, but because I, as a business man, have to worry about my bottom line.

Remember, the customer is UPS's only line of defense against going out of business. So why are they treated like crap?

Nite

d

night night danny boy. have fun with your fish tomorrow and helping fedex's stockholders.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I feel like I am conversing with Gomer Pyle..........

that is against the rules. that is a mistake that should be followed up on and the driver should be held responsible.
No $793 sherlock. And after several calls, and a visit to the center, it still continues.

and do you or do you not use FedEx and work for UPS?
Yes and no.

I do use FedEx, not by choice usually, but its a financial thing. You know, the almighty dollar? Usually when they are used, it save my company several hundred dollars a shipment. Fedex Freight usually saves my company more than just several hundred dollars when I get big stuff in. Dependable a clockwork, fedex freight. Almost moreso than the express.

And so far, never a damage via any of the fedex units, cant say that about UPS.

As for working for UPS, I put my time in. Still have stock.

As you can see, I, like UPS have to make choices because of money. They choose to cut routes to save a couple of bucks, thats cool, I understand. But when they do (you management types) it affects my bottom line as well. And since I have customers waiting on products I have shipped in, I have to take care of them.

And with UPS screwing around with my delivery times, and now trying to get NDA pushed back to 12 or 3PM, I dont see I have a choice but to move my business to someone else that services my business better.

Now, multiply that times a few hundred thousand customers and crunch that in your calculator.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He already sold the lead and got his commission. Your satisfaction as a customer is no longer his concern. The important thing here is to make sure that the driver who is delivering your stuff at the end of the day turns in some new sales leads. Just remember---Advantage UPS!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
ground is guaranteed by end of day....have a problem, call the 800 number.

wait wait wait...so you do use FedEx? i'm done with you now.

This is the exact attitude that makes us front line grunts consider the management of our company a bunch of out of touch trough sucking morons.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
ITem #3

d
Danny, the rte that I am doing this week has a situation similar to yours. Maybe you can help me understand the differences. The business (and it is a business) has a seperate shop from the house. But the driver alsways dr's the pkgs. The customer was bitching at me yesterday about having to sign for his pkgs. I make him sign per methods. What is the cost difference and how does getting a sig save a business. (part of it I already know, resi has higher surcharge but is that all of it)

TheDick

I think the tax code says if the business is detached from the house its a business, but ups thinks about neighborhood location not tax status, so if its far from business centers it isnt, but then again i have mgmnt that changes the rules every five minutes.

ups1990

Ive' been told that if a customer runs a buss from the residence, if we are allowed inside the home then it's a buss, if we can't go in then we can dr package.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Posted hrs and customer access. Where the business is located makes no difference. I have one on this rte that is 5 miles out on pavement and another 8 miles on dirt. It's the only business out there in the middle of a resi area. It is still a business.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill

If the customer does not want to sign for the packages every day, I would suggest using delivery notices.

At our center, there are several businesses that do not have someone available when we deliver to get a signature. What we have done is have them write on their letterhead that they want us to leave the packages on the dock or where ever, and that they release us from any other responsibility. That has worked very well with us.

As far as DRing a business, you also have the issue of customers being at the business, and if my employee is busy with another customer, and those packages disappear without us even knowing we had a delivery........

Its not a good way to run a business.

Not to mention the residential surcharge on each package, which adds up to maybe a grand a year or more?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
To clarify, I live about a mile from our airport. The closest house to mine is about a mile away, and I have a lot of businesses that border my property.

While my house is on the same piece of land, the business is away from the house, has its own electrical supply etc. Only my office is in the house. Everything else is in the shop.

So there is no confusion, it is actually a stand alone business building.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill

If the customer does not want to sign for the packages every day, I would suggest using delivery notices.
No issue here. There is someone always there. It is a mechanic shop. He just doesn't want to stop and sign and I wait til I get a sig. The regular driver drops it and leaves. This is not the method I was taught.
At our center, there are several businesses that do not have someone available when we deliver to get a signature. What we have done is have them write on their letterhead that they want us to leave the packages on the dock or where ever, and that they release us from any other responsibility. That has worked very well with us.

As far as DRing a business, you also have the issue of customers being at the business, and if my employee is busy with another customer, and those packages disappear without us even knowing we had a delivery........

Its not a good way to run a business.

Not to mention the residential surcharge on each package, which adds up to maybe a grand a year or more?

d
The money aspect is what I was going after.

Dustyroads

Dilli, perhaps the regular driver has developed a relationship with the shop owner that since the owner has his hands in grease or machinery, the regular driver just tells him what they are delivering, where they put the packages, and makes the mark on the diad for the owner, speeding things up and pleasing the owner that doesn't have to stop his business to take care of ours. It's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.