Just got disqualified - any thoughts?

wncdriver

I just got a union bid to go driving. I am slated to go to Integrad 7/30. I made 4 phone calls to get a road test. Everybody is passing the buck. Too busy take 10 minutes for a road test. I am ready, willing and able to show how capable that I am to show how good I can qualify.
Thats strange I had like 3 oncars asking which one was going to take me out for my road test... we were out for like 30 minutes though, in the dark and raining, that was fun for my first time taking a package car out!

nicky

My understanding is that inside of 30 days you can be DQ'd for ANYTHING. Thats not to say you cant file, because they have to give you an honest shot. Sounds like you were set up to fail and succeeded brilliantly.

barnyard

KTM rider
My understanding is that inside of 30 days you can be DQ'd for ANYTHING. Thats not to say you cant file, because they have to give you an honest shot. Sounds like you were set up to fail and succeeded brilliantly.

Yep. That is my understanding.

We had a guy DQ'd because he said he did not want to go back out and help someone. We had another that was sat down by the shop steward and told to quit mouthing off about management, as he was not qualified. The steward said something along the lines of, "Keep it up and you will be DQ'd and have to wait another bunch of years to try again."

nicky

Yep. That is my understanding.

We had a guy DQ'd because he said he did not want to go back out and help someone.

Was this a full time driver or part time cover driver? Part time cover drivers are supposed to cover a route, they are not supposed to be helping anyone. And if a part time cover driver comes out to take work you have the right to file on him for the time he spends delivering your packages as extra work will be offered from teh top down and forced from teh bottom up. So if he was a cover driver he is within his right to not go, if hes full time... hes stupid

nicky

Well then that makes him stupid. That is the only time I will ever tell anyone to shut up and do whatever they say and do what you have to do. Once you get that 30th day you are covered but until that you can be canned because you looked at someone funny