Just got my workers comp settlement, 7 months after I got fired.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like Harassment to me. Which is typical for Fedex. I knew a lot of women losing their babies or going into premature labor because they were expected to run a route no matter what. That included bulk routes. Screw you Fedex. And yes, I was one of those women. Go get a lawyer and take care of yourself. Believe me, Fedex does not care about you.

Yep. If you have anything wrong with you that prevents you from lifting your 75# minimums, your job is in serious jeopardy and you are a neon orange target for elimination.

Illegal as Hell, but FedEx will take the gamble their resources and ability to starve you out will prevail. Let me add another "screw you, FedEx" on top of the first.

Great to have you telling em' Goldi.

ki03

Better to talk to an attorney.

FUFred hasn't been online for for 2 months.
First off i just started n on the first day they had me on the damn machine by myself without proper training.... 1st strike.... then they tell u they gone train u the next day n dont n when you work the machine all they worried about is getting trucks done i did 4 trucks by myself within 1 hour in a half so all the managers do is lolly gag strike 2 strike 3 within the first 3 days there 4ppl on my section got hurt in the same day so who did something wrong exactly them i cant help if i was doin my job and the machine caught my lil bitty pinky nxt question

ki03

So explain to me a situation where a person can get hurt due to lack of training. Go ahead and give me some examples that aren't covered by common sense.
If u dnt get trained on the machine of course you.can get hurt how stupid do you sound gd day

STFXG

First off i just started n on the first day they had me on the damn machine by myself without proper training.... 1st strike.... then they tell u they gone train u the next day n dont n when you work the machine all they worried about is getting trucks done i did 4 trucks by myself within 1 hour in a half so all the managers do is lolly gag strike 2 strike 3 within the first 3 days there 4ppl on my section got hurt in the same day so who did something wrong exactly them i cant help if i was doin my job and the machine caught my lil bitty pinky nxt question
Wut?

DontThrowPackages

i thought their SOP (standard operating procedure) was to settle out of court w/ a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements... at least that's what i've seen in Ground/Home Delivery cases
What has he/she disclosed? I don't know how much was awarded, what station from where this took place, Managers names, what he had for lunch...etc.

Goldilocks

So explain to me a situation where a person can get hurt due to lack of training. Go ahead and give me some examples that aren't covered by common sense.

Nobody should touch a package until they are taught the proper lifting method. This way employees and Fedex are covered. Period. This to me is common sense.

STFXG

Nobody should touch a package until they are taught the proper lifting method. This way employees and Fedex are covered. Period. This to me is common sense.
So you didn't know that you should lift with your legs and not your back prior to getting hired? I agree that it should be reviewed to cover the employer from being held liable, but it is common knowledge:

l22

So you didn't know that you should lift with your legs and not your back prior to getting hired? I agree that it should be reviewed to cover the employer from being held liable, but it is common knowledge:

Not every person knows that - especially if they haven't worked a manual labor job before. With your posts questioning this, what are your intentions? To try and call someone out for sharing information? Great job! sigh...

l22

Make sure you don't lift anything over 75. Always ask for help. If no help is available, tell dispatch you cannot take the package because it is over 75.

It will be fine

Not every person knows that - especially if they haven't worked a manual labor job before. With your posts questioning this, what are your intentions? To try and call someone out for sharing information? Great job! sigh...
Are you kidding? I have children that know to lift with their legs, a grown man should know that. If he didn't know how to operate a piece of machinery he should have asked for help. It's called personal responsibility.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did you need them to teach you? Didn't know how to pick something up off the ground? They didn't teach it because they shouldn't need to.

You sound like a boss from Hell. This would make you a perfect fit for FedEx. Such concern and compassion. $$$$ are all that matter to you, Mr. Mercenary.

STFXG

You sound like a boss from Hell. This would make you a perfect fit for FedEx. Such concern and compassion. $$$$ are all that matter to you, Mr. Mercenary.
A boss from hell because I don't think you need to train someone to be a responsible adult? Help me come up with some training topics.

"Before you roll up your window make sure your fingers are clear from the glass."

"When refueling your vehicle do NOT drink the fuel."

"Don't drink margaritas on your lunch break and then drive."

Maybe not that last one at Express...

Goldilocks

Funny, when I first started with the company and became a courier, I didn't even know what a dolly was. lol. Back then Managers would not allow any to touch a pkg until they knew the proper lifting method. This was a very serious issue.

Goldilocks

A boss from hell because I don't think you need to train someone to be a responsible adult? Help me come up with some training topics.

"Before you roll up your window make sure your fingers are clear from the glass."

"When refueling your vehicle do NOT drink the fuel."

"Don't drink margaritas on your lunch break and then drive."

Maybe not that last one at Express...

Express has videos about proper lifting and good driving techniques. Name the 5 keys of driving. All good kids like milk?

STFXG

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440087585.169027.jpg