Just qualified

Heavy Package

There is such a nasty backlog of health and wellness checkups that need to be done to me after this year is over.
Going to schedule a visit to a PCP, a dentist, a chiropractor, an immunologist + allergist. Am I missing something?

Sounds like you're missing something, alright. Teeth, vaccinations, and a prostate exam. Welcome to UPS! You'll fit right in.

article-2157870-13907A27000005DC-302_634x392.jpg

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
UPS doesn't believe in time off, getting sick, family time, vacation time or anything else that promotes your general welfare.

Pound the pavement for 10 hours each day, make $90k a year to provide for your family, retire with shattered knees, then die.

Delivery!!!

When can/do i get health insurance??
If your an off the street driver it is like 3 months or something. That's about how long it was for me. And you do get vacation your first year you just can't use it. I got a random extra check in December of my first year paying me for the unused vacation weeks.

UPS doesn't believe in time off, getting sick, family time, vacation time or anything else that promotes your general welfare.

Pound the pavement for 10 hours each day, make $90k a year to provide for your family, retire with shattered knees, then die.
It is a hard job but many people work more hours doing multiple jobs and make far less.
It's a mixed blessing

Zowert

I wish I had your ‘problem’ right now.

I still have over 20 days left out of my 30 day training route. They put me in a manual transmission P1000 package car in a very hilly and traffic congested part of the city. Streets are two-way but only have enough room for a single car, all day I’m running into drivers who come around the corner and refuse to back up when I’m coming down the street. I rarely have over 8” of space between me and the parked cars on both sides of me while driving down these roads. As for parking, lol, most of the time I am forced to stop in the middle of the street and block traffic while I make my delivery. Of course that makes the other drivers on the road mad as a hornet! Getting honked and cursed puts icing on the cake for an already tough job. Yesterday a large woman laid on her horn the entire time I was stopped making a delivery, even though she could’ve back up less than 20 feet to go around the other block.

I’ll be lucky qualify under these circumstances, vacation time is the last of my worries.

Last edited: