KC votes against the APWA

sawdusttv

I was notified this morning that the good people of UPS frieght in KC have chosen to stay non-union. I have not heard what the final count was, but was told that it was not close!:crying:

brett636

Non union, sounds like they don't want the teamsters either.

You would think the APWA would have their best shot in KC given they voted out the teamsters a few years ago. I would not be surprised if the APWA is dissolved by this time next year.

sawdusttv

You would think the APWA would have their best shot in KC given they voted out the teamsters a few years ago. I would not be surprised if the APWA is dissolved by this time next year.

Brett,

Don't count the APWA out to soon. Whether the APWA wins or not, They have put us all in a better position with the pressure that they have put on the teamsters and UPS.

Cole

No offense Saw, but I think the company has benefited from the APWA's pressure on the Teamsters as they have wanted out of CS for a long time. I don't mean that as the APWA is intentionally working in the Company's favor as some would say, because the facts are many are not happy with the representaion they have received w/ the Teamsters. Some of that is because of poor participation from the members and locals, and as we know the pension is/was fuel on the fire.

If the pull out of CS feasibly results in vast improvements in the pensions, though the APWA should be given a great deal of credit, it would be a very long shot for them to win at that point, IMHO of course.

krash

Go big orange
Time will tell brother Cole. UPS changed the retirement requirements for there sup's. Also, UPS is having a heck of a time finding willing participants to drive so they probably don't want a mass retirement.
I'd like to add one other thing. If UPS insist on concessions like less pay(amongst a host of other things) for future brothers and sisters for the buy out, everyone vote NO!!! We are a brotherhood regardless of our views. Lets not repeat the sell out of the early 80's.

sawdusttv

Time will tell brother Cole. UPS changed the retirement requirements for there sup's. Also, UPS is having a heck of a time finding willing participants to drive so they probably don't want a mass retirement.
I'd like to add one other thing. If UPS insist on concessions like less pay(amongst a host of other things) for future brothers and sisters for the buy out, everyone vote NO!!! We are a brotherhood regardless of our views. Lets not repeat the sell out of the early 80's.

That's right krash, and besides that this buyout benefits the company a lot more than the hourlies, so why should we make concessions. The company should be making concessions to us.

30andout

Sorry I look at it that they don't any union at all. You may be right, but I don't think this a good example.