keyless entry SUCKS

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would say mine works now about 90% of the time. I love it when it works. Saves on the carpal tunnel pain for me. The repetitiveness of turning a key in a door, when to me there is no really good reason to shut it when its empty and got a few qvc slingers in it, but you know, how those darn terrorists are////.....I have found I need to put it close to the mechanism on the back door to get it to unlock, but a new battery in it last night and I can unlock it while walking back to open it from the inside, a Godsend.
If it works as said, cool beans. But as of yet, we aint saving much time.

DorkHead

I have had it for a couple months now and I like it but..........
Why can`t it be like a regular FOB where you sit in the seat, depress the brake and hit the start button? Why must we have to push a button to activate the start system, then hit the starter button twice?
Why can`t the actual FOB button that is clipped on your belt be incorporated into one of the unused keys on the DIAD?
Why can`t the door spring be strong enough to open the door when the truck is parked on the shoulder of the road.

Ms.PacMan

But as of yet, we aint saving much time.

I don't think saving time was the point. Taking 10 minutes away from every driver was the real point and bottom line decision to install these things.

I hate it - the button sticks after one click on the retro fitted pkg. car fobs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have had it for a couple months now and I like it but..........
Why can`t it be like a regular FOB where you sit in the seat, depress the brake and hit the start button? Why must we have to push a button to activate the start system, then hit the starter button twice?
Why can`t the actual FOB button that is clipped on your belt be incorporated into one of the unused keys on the DIAD?
Why can`t the door spring be strong enough to open the door when the truck is parked on the shoulder of the road.

$$$

Sorry to say it but we have minimal problems in my area. It's been ten months since instillation and the bugs work themselves out. Once they do it's smooth sailing. Whenever something is new its common for people to be very negitive but free your mind and embrace it because it's not going away.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sorry to say it but we have minimal problems in my area. It's been ten months since instillation and the bugs work themselves out. Once they do it's smooth sailing. Whenever something is new its common for people to be very negitive but free your mind and embrace it because it's not going away.
I was not negative, I said its way cool. But it doesnt work flawlessly here as it has in some places. It wasnt about not willing to change, it was about it dont work half the time. yes the bugs are getting worked out, but we were not the bugs. Dont be sorry its working there be happy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had it for a few months and I like it. I had problems with the bulkhead door for a little while, but the mechanic was able to adjust it and it has run like a champ since. Not messing with keys is nice, but I don't see it as being a big timesaver at all.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All of our cars, even the old GM gas burners have them. I have to say, like 407, we don't have many issues that I've heard from and I speak to the mechanics a lot. It seems, much like everything else in different UPS hubs, this could be where implementation of a system makes or breaks it. The only people in our center that complain are the runner gunners that always took their key off and left it in the door. I personally love it as it's saved me time and headaches of stuck keys not turnin smoothly and quicker entry/exit of the vehicle.

I was not negative, I said its way cool. But it doesnt work flawlessly here as it has in some places. It wasnt about not willing to change, it was about it dont work half the time. yes the bugs are getting worked out, but we were not the bugs. Dont be sorry its working there be happy.
I never said you were????????

bumped

Had it over 2 years and I love it. The only real issue I had was the battery in the FOB died midmay through the day. What a PITA to use the keys again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
really,, so if i hold down the button for the bulkhead door and it doesnt open after 30 seconds and multiple attempts than it saves me time??? How about when i b!tch to the mechanics and they tell me none of the units are working correctly and its co. wide?? Then the mech tells me the signals so weak it doesnt transmit through the bulkhead, step into the back of the truck and hold the button, it works every time... Now, the ignition is starting to delay... Is it 'legal" to post a video of the delay? id be glad to show all here..
. Let me give u a few tips first just hit the start(green) button twice to start the truck don't hold it down once tap it twice. Second open the door by tapping the off(red) button twice to open the door not the remote. My remote works to open the door from a good 20 ft away just continue to write it up every night I was frustrated at first too but freaking love it now!!!

Indecisi0n

Another tip i can offer that a lot of people dont know about. When you stop the truck, put in park and turn the ignition off you DO NOT have to push and hold the FOB button to pop the bulkhead door. When you turn the ignition off wait a second (pop seatbelt) then hit the red ignition button and the door will pop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I love new toys, especially electronics.
Always have had an above average aptitude when it comes to them.
In my case it's not that I don't know how to use it, rather it just didn't work as designed.
Perhaps that's why they suspended installation here?
Thanks for all of the good tips though.

Indecisi0n

I love new toys, especially electronics.
Always have had an above average aptitude when it comes to them.
In my case it's not that I don't know how to use it, rather it just didn't work as designed.
Perhaps that's why they suspended installation here?
Thanks for all of the good tips though.

I am the same when it comes to electronics. I am not sure if our mechanics have a better understanding of the system but they seem to work good. At least so far.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Corp knows there's an issue. There are updaed fob's to be released in the near future with better range and more robust. Have the battery replaced in the fob first and if there is no difference than swap fob with one in the lock box. If there is still an issue than have mechanic reprogram fob to different freq. One of my cover drivers kept telling me there was a problem finally had a chance to talk face to face. Kept saying couldn't open rear dooor from inside of car, had him demonstrate. Seems he didn't figure it out that if you have to unlock door from outside with the fob you still have to unlock the door from the inside.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Sorry had dentist appt. If all these fail to improve keyless. I have had to relocate keyless module to the center of the car and remove the mounting bracket and mount directly to the bulkhead wall. Seems that one of your customers use using rfid to track there product and when the car gets loaded the keyless fails to operate due to this, so I put a bulkhead door key on the fob.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Have any of you talked to your FedEx Express driver on your route about his keyless entry? A long, long time ago, (8 yrs ago) in a galaxy far, far away (Phoenix, Az) I once donned the purple and orange. FedEx got it right when it came to keyless entry. We wore a wristband on our right hand. On the bottom of the wristband, there was 1" diameter sensor. Near the doors, bulkhead and rear door, there is a 6" sensor. Simply wave your wrist over it, BAM, unlocks. To start, hold your hand flat over the dash, over the sensor. Press the green button, BAM, truck starts. Truck wouldnt start with the bulkhead door open either. Of the 3 cars I load in the morning. 1 has keyless enrty. Nothing but problems getting the back door open.