keyless entry SUCKS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love our mechanics. Lockbox codes are the last 4 of the truck # and they don't change them if you've had to access them. Saves time when he lives 45 min from the center and heaven help if you have a breakdown.
I know people at a few centers and they are all the last 4 digits of the truck number.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have my PC today and the keyless works so much better on this one than the one I had yesterday. They left the chain on the bulkhead door which really helps. I also learned a new trick today---after you turn off the engine press the engine stop button one time and the bulkhead door will open.

It won't take long to get used to that feature. I love that part of it and my bulkhead door works great. The fob sucks. Most of our trucks have ignition keys back on the key rings because the fobs are bad. I heard yesterday that we are getting a new fob system for all the trucks.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes, that did help, although I think I will hit the engine stop once and make sure the engine is off before hitting it again just to make sure I don't get any bulkhead door violations.
​When shutting the truck off you have to hold the button down for about 2 seconds before the truck shuts off. Then you hit it a second time to open the door.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You'll get a bulkhead "violation" sooner or later, it's unavoidable. The system uses magnets as sensors, anytime you hit a large bump or something which causes the door to shake, the magnets will sometimes come out of range of each other, resulting in an "event". I've seen reports of 60 events in 1 day for a cumulative total of .02 miles. I also keep my fob clipped to my belt and on more than one occasion, with the fob laying face up, the tightness of the seatbelt has caused the button to be held down and the door to pop open at 50 MPH.
Like I said a few weeks ago, I'm indifferent to it. It hasn't helped me or hurt me any, but the design flaws lead it to be just another unreliable tool brought to you by UPS. Imagine that.
​I think they have permanently turned off my Tele report for this reason. I have a rural rte with rough roads. LOL

Johney

I have heard a rumor that with Telematics they are tightening routes by 8 seconds per stop. This did come from a reliable source.

Johney

I had 120 delivery and 28 pickup stops today. 8 seconds per stop works out to just under 20 minutes.
Keep an eye on your planned day and see if you notice a change, If like myself you have been on the same area for a while and know what type of planned day you will have by how much work you have completed.I noticed a bit of a change compared to pre-telematics.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep an eye on your planned day and see if you notice a change, If like myself you have been on the same area for a while and know what type of planned day you will have by how much work you have completed.I noticed a bit of a change compared to pre-telematics.

It's funny but since most of our cars have gone keyless they have stopped posting the Telematics report.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have heard a rumor that with Telematics they are tightening routes by 8 seconds per stop. This did come from a reliable source.

where does the 8 seconds come from doesnt take 8 seconds to open the bulkhead with a key...what about the guys that have to go around back to open the back doors because you cant walk through...totally bogus. are they giving us 1.3 seconds to select a package now...whatever

C

chitterling

it works as good as the mechanic that installed it, crappy alignment with this system kills it's operation
keep writing it up or send it to my mechanic......marc can fix ANYTHING

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have heard a rumor that with Telematics they are tightening routes by 8 seconds per stop. This did come from a reliable source.[/QUOT

Telematics doesn't do anything to make you faster. It just records what you do. Keyless entry on the other hand could, if working properly, make you faster.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have heard a rumor that with Telematics they are tightening routes by 8 seconds per stop. This did come from a reliable source.[/QUOT

Telematics doesn't do anything to make you faster. It just records what you do. Keyless entry on the other hand could, if working properly, make you faster.

I think what Johney is saying is that now that they can see what we are doing every second of the day and with the introduction of keyless entry they will be reducing our allowance by 8 seconds per stop.

Johney

I'm just telling you all what I heard. Is it fair? I don't think so, is it true? From where I heard it I would think so,but remember folks this 8 seconds comes from people who give you the same amount of time to carry 25 letters to the third floor(w/o an elevator) as they do to carry 25 50 lb. boxes. You get my point?

S

speeddemon

Mine works great. I do know that some of the first units we got were defective and had to be replaced. After the bad units were weeded out, they are an asset.