keyless entry SUCKS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today was my first day back from vacation and not only did I not have my pkg car the one they replaced it with has keyless entry. It really wasn't that hard to figure out and to get used to. The only concern I had was the bulkhead door did not always open on its own and never closed on its own. The latch would click and I was able to open it and had to manually close it after every bulkhead door stop. Other than that, I like the new system and can see where it can definitely save time.

Borderline 9.5

Today was my first day back from vacation and not only did I not have my pkg car the one they replaced it with has keyless entry. It really wasn't that hard to figure out and to get used to. The only concern I had was the bulkhead door did not always open on its own and never closed on its own. The latch would click and I was able to open it and had to manually close it after every bulkhead door stop. Other than that, I like the new system and can see where it can definitely save time.

the bulk head door doesn't close itself, driver must close it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How funny would that be the door automatically closes after the 12 seconds or whatever it is we are allotted to select a package.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My door doesn't open at all, the mechanics said it is "too heavy" so after I hit the button I have to pull it open. It's wonderful.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The truck I'm using now everything seems to work fine. Most of the 6 or so other ones Ive used had various issues. I did notice that since we can pop the bulkhead door open so fast that I'm showing up on telematics report with numerous bulkhead door events.

Johney

The truck I'm using now everything seems to work fine. Most of the 6 or so other ones Ive used had various issues. I did notice that since we can pop the bulkhead door open so fast that I'm showing up on telematics report with numerous bulkhead door events.
It's alright I am also being told of violations that I know are not happening. Although we are just now going live,so I don't if that makes a difference or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have my PC today and the keyless works so much better on this one than the one I had yesterday. They left the chain on the bulkhead door which really helps. I also learned a new trick today---after you turn off the engine press the engine stop button one time and the bulkhead door will open.

Johney

I have my PC today and the keyless works so much better on this one than the one I had yesterday. They left the chain on the bulkhead door which really helps. I also learned a new trick today---after you turn off the engine press the engine stop button one time and the bulkhead door will open.
Press the FOB button...switch lights up....press green button twice quick engine starts,when stopping press red button twice quick and engine stops ...bulkhead door opens. While walking back to truck,hit FOB(quick) and green light is ready to go hit it twice(green light)...go_Or, hold FOB button and bulkhead door opens to return send-agains or cart.
That help you upstate? Sound advice from me is to get your lock-box code long before you need it. Trust me you will ,thank me down the road.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, that did help, although I think I will hit the engine stop once and make sure the engine is off before hitting it again just to make sure I don't get any bulkhead door violations.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yes, that did help, although I think I will hit the engine stop once and make sure the engine is off before hitting it again just to make sure I don't get any bulkhead door violations.

You'll get a bulkhead "violation" sooner or later, it's unavoidable. The system uses magnets as sensors, anytime you hit a large bump or something which causes the door to shake, the magnets will sometimes come out of range of each other, resulting in an "event". I've seen reports of 60 events in 1 day for a cumulative total of .02 miles. I also keep my fob clipped to my belt and on more than one occasion, with the fob laying face up, the tightness of the seatbelt has caused the button to be held down and the door to pop open at 50 MPH.
Like I said a few weeks ago, I'm indifferent to it. It hasn't helped me or hurt me any, but the design flaws lead it to be just another unreliable tool brought to you by UPS. Imagine that.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Oh no...don't want to get on the naughty kids list....why does it matter??? By the way the mechanics are suppose to change the code for the box once it has to be open because how dare a driver get in there by themselves..

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I love our mechanics. Lockbox codes are the last 4 of the truck # and they don't change them if you've had to access them. Saves time when he lives 45 min from the center and heaven help if you have a breakdown.

Johney

You should not get any bulkhead door violations unless the wheels are rolling and the door is open.Pull up to your stop, double tap the red button and you're good.