Overweight packages

Nah
Kinda hard when even more than half the building sides with the company. Would you really want the headache of dealing with fellow union members not enforcing the contract & ur literally the only one? I don’t blame the stewards but no one backs them.
Maybe they just need someone to be the first to stand up and do something.

Brownt10

Maybe they just need someone to be the first to stand up and do something.
That or they are okay with hurrying up bending over backwards just so they can get out earlier. I’ve heard it from preloaders who signed up to work part time to drivers who just want 8hr days. We lost good preloaders bc they weren’t told the $20hr pay was temporary. So we lost about 10 PL in exchange to bring in drivers making $60 an hr for a few hours to help pound the crap out of guys. It’s going to be an uphill battle

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’s called common sense not to show up to work intoxicated. When did I mention falsifying overweight tape?
That’s what this entire topic is about and what my initial post was towards.
Stop replying to my posts
Stop creating topics if you’re not going to keep the topic discussion going

PTSandwichMaker

Another union member who has all the tools he needs to deal with the problem he's complaining about, but won't do anything about it.

He won't file a grievance.
He won't refuse to work in an unsafe environment.
He won't stop the belt and stop the progress of the package until the tape has been put on.
He won't ask for help with all over 70s.
I told him he should be a steward — I forgot I started writing a reply to this then decided not to lmao. But basically he’s like what’s the point? So I don’t think he gaf about action. Just whining
We do & they are good on some things & less aggressive about others you could even say lackadadaisy about certain things. In my previous building the stewards there were confrontational & not afraid to address anything in the contract regardless of any retaliation.

I don’t have to be a steward to defend the contract do I?
It sounds like you’re not actually defending or enforcing the contract from your comments and other posts. Idk if you just want to complain or actually want to change things. So if it’s just that you’re scared of retaliation or members not backing you up, and you are genuine in intention, I say steward up. Then you are no longer a subordinate. Be confrontational.

PTSandwichMaker

That or they are okay with hurrying up bending over backwards just so they can get out earlier. I’ve heard it from preloaders who signed up to work part time to drivers who just want 8hr days. We lost good preloaders bc they weren’t told the $20hr pay was temporary. So we lost about 10 PL in exchange to bring in drivers making $60 an hr for a few hours to help pound the crap out of guys. It’s going to be an uphill battle
Yep. Yep. And yep. All calculated.

AccidentProne

How are your centers handling overweight packages? Are they using clearly marked overweight tape on all sides & not mixing them with non overweight/irregular packages?

The previous building I was in they wouldn’t send a package down the belt w/ out overweight tape or the belt would shut off until someone either removed it or put over weight tape on it. This current building barely uses it at all & they just throw it on the belt on top of other packages & pound the crap out of the belt.

Any recommendations on what can be done? I’m resorting to enforcing what the contract says like my previous building did.
LMAO you can't be serious.

The contract also states we need to sweep out the trailers after each unload.

atlastitan

You talk to manager (not the sup) if he doesn't fix it, you talk to your shop steward that they are forcing unsafe work practices. I once complained about getting a :censored2: ton of irregs to the sorting table and the manager and shop steward watched us set those things off to the side because we refused to sort them.

Brownt10

You talk to manager (not the sup) if he doesn't fix it, you talk to your shop steward that they are forcing unsafe work practices. I once complained about getting a :censored2: ton of irregs to the sorting table and the manager and shop steward watched us set those things off to the side because we refused to sort them.
Today I turned the belt off bc you literally could not see down the belt bc of egress issues & the PL sup told me & the others around that we should not turn the belt off & not stand around & go help clear the egress.

I’m fine with helping I have before. Proble was t was on a different belt opposite side of me. There was a PT sup just standing there & I told him originally the belt was staying off until the egress gets cleared. We have 25 drivers working on our preload bc 5 pl are on vacation. They wouldn’t help anyone unless I drew attention to the issue that they were ignoring.