Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just as Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in defiance of an unjust law Kim Davis is waging her own battle against an unjust ruling in support of the mentally troubled(read homosexual) to wed. It is against Davis's religious views to support or participate in a same sex wedding, and it should be her right to refuse to have her name attached to one. Just as Muhammad Ali refused to sign up for the selective service based on religious grounds and was later vindicated for doing so, Kim Davis should be allowed to refuse to issue same sex marriage licenses under the same logic. Unfortunately she is getting no backup from the same judicial system that came up with the convoluted logic which led to this problem in the first place. I cannot say Kim Davis will win her battle, but I do respect her for her willingness to stand up for what she believes in.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...court-refuses-to-issue-gay-marriage-licenses/

ROSA PARKS??

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Once again, the American Taliban lose another fight. I hope she enjoys jail.. She can sit there and rot while you people fill her coffers with your hard earn cash.

GOFUNDARELIGIOUSMORON.com

She is stuck in jail until she AGREES to comply with the order. I hope she quits and never finds another job again.

Religious freaks, you are worse than the Taliban.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How does issuing a marriage license from the state violate her religious beliefs?
Does she honestly believe the state she lives in holds the authority to bind two people in the sacrament of marriage?
Or maybe the government is her god....
Seems her god has turned it's back on her.

Last edited:

Sportello

How does issuing a marriage license from the state violate her religious beliefs?
Does she honestly believe the state she lives in holds the authority to bind two people in the sacrament of marriage?
Or maybe the government is her god....
Seems her god has turned it's back on her.
Just wait until a legion of angels springs her from the pokey. See who's laughing then.

brett636

What she tried to do is no different than George Wallace standing in the school house door back in 1963. Just like him she thinks she's making a stand for her beliefs but history will remember her as a symbol of ignorance and bigotry and her children will be ashamed of her.

This is a common misconception when it comes to this issue. Hating someone because they are genetically different from yourself is short sighted and stupid which is where Wallace went wrong. What we know today is that there is no genetic difference between a gay or straight person, but that the gay person suffers from a mental deficiency that drives them to be gay for unexplained reasons. If more time was spent trying to help these people rather than promoting their disorder society would be much better off.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
So what your saying is I should file a grievance because there are people that work for UPS with beards and they fall under the religious category when they should just resign so someone who can follow UPS' policies can behave their job?
Apples and oranges. One is a private business and the other is a government entity sworn to uphold the law of the land.

Not too difficult for you to get a medical waiver for the beard if that's the way you want to roll.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is a common misconception when it comes to this issue. Hating someone because they are genetically different from yourself is short sighted and stupid which is where Wallace went wrong. What we know today is that there is no genetic difference between a gay or straight person, but that the gay person suffers from a mental deficiency that drives them to be gay for unexplained reasons. If more time was spent trying to help these people rather than promoting their disorder society would be much better off.[/QUOT
You
This is a common misconception when it comes to this issue. Hating someone because they are genetically different from yourself is short sighted and stupid which is where Wallace went wrong. What we know today is that there is no genetic difference between a gay or straight person, but that the gay person suffers from a mental deficiency that drives them to be gay for unexplained reasons. If more time was spent trying to help these people rather than promoting their disorder society would be much better off.

You need some help.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just as Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in defiance of an unjust law Kim Davis is waging her own battle against an unjust ruling in support of the mentally troubled(read homosexual) to wed. It is against Davis's religious views to support or participate in a same sex wedding, and it should be her right to refuse to have her name attached to one. Just as Muhammad Ali refused to sign up for the selective service based on religious grounds and was later vindicated for doing so, Kim Davis should be allowed to refuse to issue same sex marriage licenses under the same logic. Unfortunately she is getting no backup from the same judicial system that came up with the convoluted logic which led to this problem in the first place. I cannot say Kim Davis will win her battle, but I do respect her for her willingness to stand up for what she believes in.
She's George Wallace standing up against a just action. Rosa Parks was fighting unjust laws. Unjust laws which prevented people from having their rights. Exactly what gay marriage bans did.
Many wedding related businesses have withdrawn from the wedding industry entirely to avoid the cost of litigating their refusal to participate in a same sex wedding. I honestly can't blame them, and it's sad this is how it has to be in this country today.
Prove it. I hear this hogwash all the time from right wing blogs, but never any proof but some lady who did two weddings a year in Appalachia where gays aren't going to get married anyways.
She is standing up against an unjust government action just like Rosa Parks, and she is going to jail for it. The parallels are astounding for both cases. Nobody should be forced to go against their religious beliefs.
Nobody is forcing her to go against her religious beliefs. Get a new job if you hate it so much.
but that the gay person suffers from a mental deficiency that drives them to be gay for unexplained reasons.
What an absolutely disgusting response. I'd recommend you read a book other than the bible, but I'm not sure you'd be able to comprehend it.

For the record before anybody calls me a Christian hating liberal. I have never voted for a Democrat. I'm very fiscally conservative, but I have a heart. I went to Sunday school, I went to private Christian school, I go to mass. What I learned was God is all loving. The responses here aren't responses from Jesus loving Christians. It's from closed minded bigots. Practice what you preach.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Food for thought:
The findings provide new empirical evidence to support the psychoanalytic theory that the fear, anxiety, and aversion that some seemingly heterosexual people hold toward gays and lesbians can grow out of their own repressed same-sex desires, Ryan says. The results also support the more modern self-determination theory, developed by Ryan and Edward Deci at the University of Rochester, which links controlling parenting to poorer self-acceptance and difficulty valuing oneself unconditionally.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...phobic-people-really-gay-and-not-accepting-it

brett636

If you truly believe this you have far bigger problems.

I see no other more reasonable explanations for it. There is no "gay" gene, but it is also believed not to be a choice. A lot of mental disorders also deny choice, making homosexuality a good example of a mental disorder or even an illness.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see no other more reasonable explanations for it. There is no "gay" gene, but it is also believed not to be a choice. A lot of mental disorders also deny choice, making homosexuality a good example of a mental disorder or even an illness.
What's the gene for heterosexuality?

Sportello

Camperio Ciani, Sergey Gavrilets, William Rice and Urban Friberg, along with many other actual scientists, would disagree with your uninformed conclusion.

brett636

Camperio Ciani, Sergey Gavrilets, William Rice and Urban Friberg, along with many other actual scientists, would disagree with your uninformed conclusion.

There are plenty of well educated people that seem to go out of their way to deny reality. Just look at all those supporters of climate change.

This doesn't sway me in the least.