Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just as Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in defiance of an unjust law Kim Davis is waging her own battle against an unjust ruling in support of the mentally troubled(read homosexual) to wed. It is against Davis's religious views to support or participate in a same sex wedding, and it should be her right to refuse to have her name attached to one. Just as Muhammad Ali refused to sign up for the selective service based on religious grounds and was later vindicated for doing so, Kim Davis should be allowed to refuse to issue same sex marriage licenses under the same logic. Unfortunately she is getting no backup from the same judicial system that came up with the convoluted logic which led to this problem in the first place. I cannot say Kim Davis will win her battle, but I do respect her for her willingness to stand up for what she believes in.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...court-refuses-to-issue-gay-marriage-licenses/
If her religious beliefs are in conflict with her job, then she needs to quit.

Answer me this: if she converted to Islam and her beliefs dictated that only Islamic weddings were recognized by Allah, would you support her right to refuse to issue wedding licenses to Christians? Or is discrimination only OK when it is aimed at a group that you don't happen to like?

soberups

This is a common misconception when it comes to this issue. Hating someone because they are genetically different from yourself is short sighted and stupid which is where Wallace went wrong. What we know today is that there is no genetic difference between a gay or straight person, but that the gay person suffers from a mental deficiency that drives them to be gay for unexplained reasons. If more time was spent trying to help these people rather than promoting their disorder society would be much better off.
Homosexuality was removed from the recognized list of mental disorders in 1972.

soberups

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1441341926.055459.jpg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
Homosexuality is a mental illness . . . No, disorder is a better word.

When i order livestock it comes with a warning that 10% will not perform for breeding purposes and will in fact be "gay" and attempt to mount same sex animals.

Now, that doesn't mean there is anything we should hold against these folks. None of them are bad people simply because they are gay.

I don't like them 'cause they dress funny

Kidding

wkmac

Its the first (and certainly the last) time that TOS and I actually agree on a post having anything to do with guns. Of course, the gun in the picture is actually a pellet gun but that's beside the point.

It could have been a water pistol and I doubt TOS would notice or even care. ;)

But it was a good point.

wkmac

Which part of the Constitution are you having trouble with?

That document was already irrelevant before the ink was dry. Almost day one people were already looking for ways around it and twisting things to justify their own misdeeds.