Klien :::: This is what AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT !!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We put out the biggest fire,The God damb NAZIS !!!!! We also produced the two most important weapons home grown in America
We got a lot of crucial help from the Russians with that. If Hitler hadn't overreached and launched a two front war it's anyone's guess how the war in Europe might have turned out.

M

Mike23

You know, if the Americans didn't fall into the 'we're oblivious to everything other then what pertains immediately to us' stereotype at the time I think WWII would've ended MUCH sooner.

The war was WELL underway by the time the US decided to join the party. How different would it have been if they joined during the invasion of France or England? How many lives would have been saved? I read somewhere during a speech 10 000 US citizens booed the name Churchill then cheered to hear London was burning...If it wasn't for Pearl Harbor was the US only waiting to see what the outcome would be then join the winning side? I'm not pointing fingers but when the rest of the world has joined in and one's sitting back and not doing much it makes you wonder the true motives.

klein

Für Meno :)
You know, if the Americans didn't fall into the 'we're oblivious to everything other then what pertains immediately to us' stereotype at the time I think WWII would've ended MUCH sooner.

The war was WELL underway by the time the US decided to join the party. How different would it have been if they joined during the invasion of France or England? How many lives would have been saved? I read somewhere during a speech 10 000 US citizens booed the name Churchill then cheered to hear London was burning...If it wasn't for Pearl Harbor was the US only waiting to see what the outcome would be then join the winning side? I'm not pointing fingers but when the rest of the world has joined in and one's sitting back and not doing much it makes you wonder the true motives.

Yup, and to this day, they still brag about winning WW2.
Nobody else did, right ?

Gee Mike, didn't even want to bring this up:
But here's another true story:

When my brother and I were visiting Germany in 1991, we were sitting in a local bar, in a corner, minding our own business. (We were communicating in english, since my brother speaks only very little German).

Anyways, thier "Stammtisch" , (it's a big table that only has regulars occupying it), were talking about us in german.
Saying things like useless americans, no good for nothing, etc.

It just wouldn't stop, so I told my brother, I'm gonna go walk over there, tell them we are Canadian.
He said, don't bother, he doesn't want trouble.
But, after a few more minutes, I just couldn't handle it anymore, so I did walk over, told them, in german, that I could understand everything they were saying about us, but we are Canadains, not Americans.

Holy crap, they invited us over, bought us drinks all evening long, and wanted to know everything about Canada.

Anyways, thats not the first and only place, we were offered free drinks, even free meals at times.

They like us, and I can only imagine the dutch even much more so.

Then in the morning when you woke up from a drunken stupor with sore posteriors you realized you had been drinking in a gay bar. Thanks for falling on the "sword" to protect us Americans buddy!

klein

Then in the morning when you woke up from a drunken stupor with sore posteriors you realized you had been drinking in a gay bar. Thanks for falling on the "sword" to protect us Americans buddy!

It might not seem like it. But, I protect americans lots.
Did it in Germany, and do it here.

See, in Germany or probably any part of the "other world". When an american rapes a german girl, it's front page news.
I always defended americans, saying that is crap.... while others who rape, is on page 3, 4 or page 9.

Anyways, even here, after 9/11. A very few cdn people said, you got what you deserved.
Honestly.. I was soo mad , it could have came to fist fights.
I don't believe in that kinda crap at all.

You guys are good.
Maybe a bit too ignornant (because you been taught you live in the best country in the world), yet most haven't even vacationed outside of it (maybe Mexico).

See, in Germany or probably any part of the "other world". When an american rapes a german girl, it's front page news.
I always defended americans, saying that is crap.... while others who rape, is on page 3, 4 or page 9.

Anyways, even here, after 9/11. A very few cdn people said, you got what you deserved.

You guys are good.
Maybe a bit too ignornant (because you been taught you live in the best country in the world), yet most haven't even vacationed outside of it (maybe Mexico).

Gosh,Thanks. Next time I rape somebody I`ll make sure to thank you in the paper. Careful though,I`m getting tired of women. I think the next time I`ll go for a sweet young Canadian thing such as yourself,seeing how you`re experienced and all.:love:

You guys are good.

As a kid we always vacationed in Canada. Through the Gulf Islands up to Princess Louisa. The worst part was French on everything and drinks in tin cans. The best part was a green back was worth about $1.50 in funny money.

klein

As a kid we always vacationed in Canada. Through the Gulf Islands up to Princess Louisa. The worst part was French on everything and drinks in tin cans. The best part was a green back was worth about $1.50 in funny money.

That $1.50 is long gone.
Go to your bank and buy a Canadian buck.
If you're very lucky, your might pay 96 cents for 1.

Last year, you would have had to pay about $1.20 US to get one of ours.
(because oil was worth over $100 a barrel, our biggest industry).

That $1.50 is long gone.
Go to your bank and buy a Canadian buck.
If you're very lucky, your might pay 96 cents for 1.

Last year, you would have had to pay about $1.20 US to get one of ours.
(because oil was worth over $100 a barrel, our biggest industry).

I know, the green back is turning into the mexican peso.

M

Mike23

Man, that post 9/11 garbage of 'getting what they deserved' riled me up pretty good too. I was only in high school at the time but NO country deserves that, only certain individuals (ie Osama Bum Luvin and friends).

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Gosh,Thanks. Next time I rape somebody I`ll make sure to thank you in the paper. Careful though,I`m getting tired of women. I think the next time I`ll go for a sweet young Canadian thing such as yourself,seeing how you`re experienced and all.:love:

Cach
Say it ain't so.
Don't give up on us. :dissapointed:

(This would be the place were someone would post David Soul's One Hit Wonder from the 70's. Don't Give Up on US Baby.)

klein

And this is what Canada is all about !
When was the last time you seen an American President playing piano and singing ?

Here is ours from today ! :)
A total surprise performance, he came out of the audience.

Stephen Harper signs Beatles song with Yo Yo Ma

But some of you, think he would have better things to do.
But, guess what, we are Canadians !

Last edited:

klein

PM gets by with help from Yo-Yo Ma

Last Updated: Sunday, October 4, 2009 | 12:18 AM ET

CBC News

harper-piano-cp-300-7431218.jpg
Prime Minister Stephen Harper performs The Beatles song With a Little Help From My Friends on the piano during a surprise appearance at a National Arts Centre Gala in Ottawa. (Sean Kilpatrick/Canadian Press) Prime Minister Stephen Harper received a standing ovation after he surprised guests at a National Arts Centre Gala in Ottawa on Saturday night by playing the piano and singing a light-hearted Beatles tune.
Harper, a Beatles fan, joined cellist Yo-Yo Ma on stage and sang a rendition of With a Little Help From My Friends.
NAC music director Pinchas Zukerman opened the concert, which was in support of the National Youth and Education Trust, with Mahler's Blumine.
That was followed by young Canadian pianist Avan Yu playing Chopin. Then, to the surprise of the audience, Ma came out for an encore with Yu.
harper-yoyo-cp-300-7431293.jpg
Prime MInister Stephen Harper and cellist Yo-Yo Ma react to a standing ovation after his performance at the National Arts Centre Gala in Ottawa. (Sean Kilpatrick/Canadian Press) But instead of intermission after that performance, Harper shocked the audience by coming on stage and sitting at a grand piano. With Ma on cello, along with two guitarists and a drummer, they performed the classic Beatles hit, with Harper providing the lead vocals.
CBC's Evan Solomon, who attended the gala, said Harper's performance stunned and wowed the crowd, and received high praise even from members of opposition parties who were also there for the evening.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Let me explain it easy for you Klein...If lived in another country and it was being threatend in any way,or I was being held hostage in some strange land ,I sure as hell would want to see a U.S Naval destroyer or Battleship heading to the coastline or a few F16 fighters buzzing the joint than a few beer guzzling mounties who were lumberjacks the week before comming for my sorry ass!!!!

klein

Let me explain it easy for you Klein...If lived in another country and it was being threatend in any way,or I was being held hostage in some strange land ,I sure as hell would want to see a U.S Naval destroyer or Battleship heading to the coastline or a few F16 fighters buzzing the joint than a few beer guzzling mounties who were lumberjacks the week before comming for my sorry ass!!!!

How did you like our PM singing ?
I came accross some other news article this morning already.
Canada is number 1 in the world when it comes to Peacekeeping missions.
Way more the the US ever had, or any other country for that matter.

As far as your hostage situation... just go back to Aj's posting. How thankful the US hostages in Teheran were, when Canada freed them.

And this is what Canada is all about !
When was the last time you seen an American President playing piano and singing ?

Here is ours from today ! :)
A total surprise performance, he came out of the audience.

Looks like he`s coming out of the closet also.

YouTube - Stephen Harper signs Beatles song with Yo Yo Ma

But some of you, think he would have better things to do.
But, guess what, we are Canadians !

Big whoop! Years ago our President played the saxophone and got hummers in the White house.