"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER" MUST WATCH, AND LISTEN CAREFULLY!

Froome

That's not the point. We should not be giving up any rights we currently have for any class of driver. In our bldg it is the new bucks getting into wrecks and having injuries. Is it the hours worked, being tired or pressure from mgmt? I don't know the answer, but once we let some of this slide there will be worse language in the next contract that could affect us. Why, because we accepted it now...

According to my BA, it was Dennis that suggested 22.4.

It is my understanding as well. I understand it went something like:

UPS: We want part-timers to deliver weekend work.

DT: How about (words words words) and we'll call 'em 22.4 combos.

UPS: Deal.

Should have been:

DT: Go :censored2: yourself.

UPS: :censored2:.

Neanderthal

It is my understanding as well. I understand it went something like:

DT: How about (words words words) and we'll call 'em 22.4 combos.

UPS: Deal.

Should have been:

DT: Go :censored2: yourself.

UPS: :censored2:.

Although the number one thing was

“I want reduced over time and I don’t want to work Saturday or Sunday”

Froome

All they have to do is put on drivers with an even dispatch. Problem solved. Their answer is cut routes and slam the drivers with 10 to 11 hours. Tonight I left our bldg about 8 and there were still 30 or so drivers still out, some with 11pm eta's. I agree, no Sat or Sun. and reduce the overtime.

Although the number one thing was

“I want reduced over time and I don’t want to work Saturday or Sunday”

That's also fair, but if you're going to create this "combo" driver, you should assign no less than 16 hours inside time every week to qualify the lesser rate. If the catch for the lower rate is that it is a combo job, I'll vote for it if it is guaranteed combo work. 16 hours per week, not less.

Neanderthal

That's also fair, but if you're going to create this "combo" driver, you should assign no less than 16 hours inside time every week to qualify the lesser rate. If the catch for the lower rate is that it is a combo job, I'll vote for it if it is guaranteed combo work. 16 hours per week, not less.

I don’t disagree with you

Neanderthal

All they have to do is put on drivers with an even dispatch. Problem solved. Their answer is cut routes and slam the drivers with 10 to 11 hours. Tonight I left our bldg about 8 and there were still 30 or so drivers still out, some with 11pm eta's. I agree, no Sat or Sun. and reduce the overtime.

I think that this 22.4 position is going to implement the system Fedex has had for years

Someone to begin their day in the afternoon driving - performing pick ups and the returning to their building for whatever pm sort operations they have per location.

Perhaps that will have a married truck to a 22.4 who is on preload and takes out some bulk work in the AM

Froome

We were being told that the 22.4 would have a full route and no pick ups. When they finish they would aquire the excess work from other drivers to reduce their overtime. End of day dispatch. I hope you are correct and I am wrong.

Neanderthal

We were being told that the 22.4 would have a full route and no pick ups. When they finish they would aquire the excess work from other drivers to reduce their overtime. End of day dispatch. I hope you are correct and I am wrong.
Who is the person telling you that?

Neanderthal

Supervisors

If the supervisors are planning that they are not planning very well. If they decide to misuse the classification in that sense they won’t have anyone stick around.

The whole point of it being a combination driver is to have several best implementations to help staff an operation with a full time job (solution)

The main focus being moving drivers to Monday through Friday.

My only fear is there will be too much work on Monday for the RPCD and no over time relief on that one day. Not loss of work

Froome

That what I foresee. Abuse of the 22.4's rather than actually using them productively. It makes more sense using them as you described. Thanks.

Kamikaze

Why would they add more routes and drivers? 80% of you are so scared of your manager or a 3 day ride you won’t even opt in.

WTFm8

Why would they add more routes and drivers? 80% of you are so scared of your manager or a 3 day ride you won’t even opt in.

Just remember, if you do have a ride, the supervisor doesn’t touch a single thing except their clipboard. Don’t allow them to input their opinion/suggestion on next stop, don’t let them in the back of the truck to search for packages, don’t let them help hand you packages or stack your cart, and don’t let them open doors for you.

They are there to observe you/the job.

They can input on your methods and can demonstrate the job for up to an hour but they take over everything when doing it.

babboo25

Banned
Instead it’s in a brownie for $6 less. Woowho!!!
Wide load were you an inside hire? Well I was, after driving school I worked preload and then covered a route 3-4 days a week, that’s a long day, did that for over 4 years (except during free period) real crappy part is because I was still part time I didn’t get any credit towards my FT pension. Maybe if 22.4s was a thing then I would have. I’m not saying I love the 22.4 but maybe it will keep this from happening to others.

Froome

I'm on the 9.5 list. Had my 3 day ride and yes if you do the job correctly there isn't anything for the sup to do. He records and spends time on his phone,almost entire day. After the 3 day we had a 15, 17, 18. But that was because they chsrry picked the tightest del area from the next route and putbit on mine and took off what I normally have. The numbers mean nothing. Thr sooner people realize it's safety first not production the easier it gets. Numbers is ups problem not mine. Stand up for your rights, file and vote no.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Fake news.

I can't deal with stupidity!

1925647_1.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Wide load were you an inside hire? Well I was, after driving school I worked preload and then covered a route 3-4 days a week, that’s a long day, did that for over 4 years (except during free period) real crappy part is because I was still part time I didn’t get any credit towards my FT pension. Maybe if 22.4s was a thing then I would have. I’m not saying I love the 22.4 but maybe it will keep this from happening to others.
If you were under the NE supplement, you would have gotten full time pension credits.