L.A. partners with UPS to deliver, pick up COVID-19 tests

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh great another Obama lover
Hey don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul who wanted to shut down the border when Obama was letting thousands die from H1N1 and the media was silent.

1584092352295.jpg

quad decade guy

Los Angeles is teaming up with UPS to become the first city in the U.S. to offer delivery of coronavirus test kits, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Friday.

UPS will pay for, deliver and pick up thousands of tests a day starting next week, Garcetti said.

"I want to thank you UPS, for standing up and delivering," he said during a news conference.

Pay for? Anybody notice that? UPS is doing it for free?

Re-Raise

0FB3AB2A-3EBD-44D4-BFEA-0C7FD0CBFECD.png

Regular RS ground label... not even next day air!

They called me from the local clinic to ask me to come back and get it yesterday.

I had the center upgrade it to next day Saturday so that it wouldn’t just sit without being tested until Monday

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
And when the boxes get damaged in shipment?

These are live samples.

Not to mention contamination on outside of box.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
So trained doctors in sterilized doctor's offices wearing protective equipment don't want these people walking in

But we will go to their home full of the virus, where they are self quarantined, in an uncontrolled, unsterile environment to pick up a sample of the virus packed by a untrained sick person.

And we will not even be warned to treat the pkg with extra care, or special handling procedures?

Or do we only pick up from clinics?

Are we authorized to move contagious substances? Or just run of the mill biohazards?

Where is the union?

The lawyers are already drooling.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

So trained doctors in sterilized doctor's offices wearing protective equipment don't want these people walking in

But we will go to their home full of the virus, where they are self quarantined, in an uncontrolled, unsterile environment to pick up a sample of the virus packed by a untrained sick person.

And we will not even be warned to treat the pkg with extra care, or special handling procedures?

Where is the union?

The lawyers are already drooling.

Seriously, Knowing how it all works(UPS), what can be done differently? We are the

soldiers walking into the nuclear mushroom cloud....expendable.

35years

Gravy route
"The US DOT regulates infectious substances in its Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR; 49 CFR Parts 100-185) along with explosives, poisons, and other dangerous chemicals. ... Among the materials that may contain pathogens are human tissue or body fluids, soiled linens and medical waste, and bacterial cultures.Jul 29, 2014"

quad decade guy

"The US DOT regulates infectious substances in its Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR; 49 CFR Parts 100-185) along with explosives, poisons, and other dangerous chemicals. ... Among the materials that may contain pathogens are human tissue or body fluids, soiled linens and medical waste, and bacterial cultures.Jul 29, 2014"

Ok. And? Everyone knows this...and yet.

We are nibbling at martial law.