L.A. partners with UPS to deliver, pick up COVID-19 tests

RTCD

How would you like to be the driver delivering to the testing facility...say 50 of these boxes in your truck. Or the loader.
Add everyone else in the chain unloaders, sorters, loaders, etc. and then on the other end of the chain when the samples are delivered. Every person that touches the non-sterile virus-covered box is at risk.

Then assume the drivers will catch and spread this to everyone on their route, everyone at the center/hub and their family when they get home.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
The govt. should add a tax credit not deduction for employees that spends money to buy PPE and bill the employer of any job that is deemed essential/expendable. It seems only fair since companies don't seem care even if you present a logical need for such items.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
If the telemedicine doctor decides to prescribe an Everlywell COVID-19 test, the company says it will send the $135 test kit in two days (customers can pay $30 more to receive the kit overnight). The kit comes with a special swab that is long enough to take samples from the back of the nose and throat area, along with instructions for how to seal the swab sample to send it back to the company. People can also provide both spit and sputum samples as backups. (For now, the Food and Drug Administration only validates samples from nasoparyngeal swabs, but companies have applied to test spit and sputum.).

The sample is sent in a pre-paid overnight package, and processed at one of several labs approved by the FDA to perform the test around the country within 72 hours.

So yes, we are picking up self administered samples from individual, untrained, sick people.
Source?

35years

Gravy route
Time magazine/Time.com

Link below

The First U.S. Company Has Announced an Upcoming Home COVID-19 Test

Yes the FDA put a hold on the in home tests on Friday....

Austin’s Everlywell to give healthcare workers first access to new COVID-19 test kits

30,000 will be sent out Monday to healthcare facilities.

The company is still planning on rolling out direct to consumer test as soon as the FDA approves.

Everlywell said it has worked with multiple labs to roll out these tests. The company plans to be able to test and diagnose 250,000 people each week

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
We are already handing tests sent from clinics, they are in our system.

The thought of hundeds of thousands (if not millions total) of at home tests boxed up by the very people who are sick is just slightly alarming.

vvv

We are already handing tests sent from clinics, they are in our system.

The thought of hundeds of thousands (if not millions total) of at home tests boxed up by the very people who are sick is just slightly alarming.

Just simply refuse to do it.

And they should not be allowed in drop boxes either.

They can bring it to a location that accepts them with trained professionals there. Nothing more.....nothing less.

Poop Head

Judge me.
FFS
a nation of pansies
America in two weeks
giphy.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol. Usually, when i pick those up, i get to the house, the old person opens the door and holds it out. I make a face of obvious grossed outedness, grab it, and say "eww its still warm".

I still recall the first time I picked one of those up from the UPS Store. I held it up and asked the clerk if he/she had any idea what was in the package. They had no clue and were less than thrilled when I told them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Lol. Usually, when i pick those up, i get to the house, the old person opens the door and holds it out. I make a face of obvious grossed outedness, grab it, and say "eww its still warm".
I like delivering those boxes and telling the customer I can wait 10 minutes to save them a trip to the Ups store.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I love when you get the on demand, the day after you dropped off the poop box, and the commit is always1300 or 1400. Lmao
I used to always reject the pick up and tell them to change the commit time, but I got sick of management being so stupid that I just do them by whatever time they send now. Adds a lot of time and miles having to break off to do them.