Labor shortage concern at Fedex

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My daily golf games or fishing trips reminds me daily that I am retired and living the good life. You wake up miserable everyday and are reminded that you didn't prepare for retirement. Kind of sucks doesn't it.
No, YOU suck.

You're always playing the envy card like some third grader.

The truth be told, you wake up in the morning and still punch the time card and sweat profusely for Fat Freddy at least 5 days a week. The fact that they still keep you is reflective of their desperate attempt to keep help for walking out the door. Even the crappy help like you.

falcon back

No, YOU suck.

You're always playing the envy card like some third grader.

The truth be told, you wake up in the morning and still punch the time card and sweat profusely for Fat Freddy at least 5 days a week. The fact that they still keep you is reflective of their desperate attempt to keep help for walking out the door. Even the crappy help like you.
There you go again. Letting your bitterness show. You don't have to be jealous of my golf game today. For 2 days in a row, I didn't play. We are flying to New Hampshire for the race this weekend. It's such an out of the way state, it's almost like you can't get there from here. Have fun on your shift at White Castle. I hear their benefits are pretty good for a nobody like you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There you go again. Letting your bitterness show. You don't have to be jealous of my golf game today. For 2 days in a row, I didn't play. We are flying to New Hampshire for the race this weekend. It's such an out of the way state, it's almost like you can't get there from here. Have fun on your shift at White Castle. I hear their benefits are pretty good for a nobody like you.
Going to the drag races huh?

You’ll certainly be the biggest drag there.

fatboy33

Can't find employees? Who wants to work 2.5/4 hours a day? If our station had a pet parrot, the only thing he'd say is, " ..Reducing hours, ..reducing overtime". I assume they've done the math and believe reducing hours saves money but we don't see it here. We've got Vets being told to go home{ early cut) so some kid can, with zero initiative to do the pickup side. When the regular driver comes the follow day, customer says, " Hey what happen yesterday. Nobody came by for the pickup? We had to drive it down but missed the cutoff" Is that factored into their math in saving money? Or the driver being told to leave 25p2 on the floor so a PM new guy will have something to do. PM new guy milks a 2 hour on road into 4 hours AND brings back next days.......SMH. And don't even get me on the REPONSE sort. Businesses coming down the belt for a third time...BUSINESSES. Bringing back next days as well and have zero clue of where to go without that LEO map. FED needs to do what they can to keep the vets on as long as possible because some guys are just calling it a career and retiring already(Maybe that's the plan?). And we know corporate is concerned about the work ethic of these new kids coming in.....they must be. If the company want's quality work, provide the hours. If they're looking to replace the workforce with Amazon type employees, then stay the course.

NC man

The midday routes where I am are set up to fail.they can’t del all the stops and do pups because the del is too large. The engineer made those routes and they are way too big an area for the nbr of stops.Response started several months ago and no adjustments ,just more del rolled over to next day.

Serf

As if worker shortages weren’t enough. Summer vacations needed to be covered. I did 73 del & 62 pickups yesterday. 13 hrs no break.