Labor shortage concern at Fedex

It will be fine

Don't insult our collective intelligence by trying to make any of us believe that the deal you offer pay and benefits wise is in the league as what a IBT represented driver gets. There is simply no possible way you can stand on the same level as those people or offer any legitimate excuse for doing Fat Freddy's bidding which is all your doing and everyone on this site knows it.
What are you talking about? The teamsters aren’t organizing any FedEx opco. They’ve tried and failed, they aren’t trying again anytime soon.

falcon back

Prove it.

Nobody here buying your BS or grade school rhetoric.
What is there to prove? You keep bringing up I worked in a different era where pay and benefits were better. That means I made more and had better benefits than you. You keep bringing up the poor retirement plan, mine is much better I guess. Haven't started drawing my pension so ask me in a few, a couple or in several years.

bacha29

What is there to prove? You keep bringing up I worked in a different era where pay and benefits were better. That means I made more and had better benefits than you. You keep bringing up the poor retirement plan, mine is much better I guess. Haven't started drawing my pension so ask me in a few, a couple or in several years.
Or for as long as your wife is willing to continue to feed, clothe and house you.

falcon back

Whatever the case she obviously doesn't have to work as hard as your wife does .
Yep. My wife has it rough. Golf, fishing, shopping, traveling at will. That's a tough way to spend retirement. Unfortunately our golf game got rained out today so all the fish in the ponds are safe from my bad golf shots. Heading to Loudon NH for the racing action this weekend. Dang, retirement can be tiresome if you don't watch out.

bacha29

Yep. My wife has it rough. Golf, fishing, shopping, traveling at will. That's a tough way to spend retirement. Unfortunately our golf game got rained out today so all the fish in the ponds are safe from my bad golf shots. Heading to Loudon NH for the racing action this weekend. Dang, retirement can be tiresome if you don't watch out.
"traveling at will". Getting as far away from you as possible is the smartest thing she's ever done.

FedexCares

I work for Trade Networks and the pay at this opco is pretty sad as well. They are trying to hire people off the street at 14-15 dollars an hour, and this is for a job that takes 6 months to a year to become really proficient at (customs importing agent).

Needless to say we are down a lot of employees right now, which seems to be the case across all Fedex opcos, and have been required to work mandatory overtime for quite awhile and will be for the foreseeable future.

Aquaman

I work for Trade Networks and the pay at this opco is pretty sad as well. They are trying to hire people off the street at 14-15 dollars an hour, and this is for a job that takes 6 months to a year to become really proficient at (customs importing agent).

Needless to say we are down a lot of employees right now, which seems to be the case across all Fedex opcos, and have been required to work mandatory overtime for quite awhile and will be for the foreseeable future.
You can’t have low entry pay AND incredibly slow pay progression. This company will damn near have to go out of business for them to realize that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You’ve embarrassed this forum and BS’d everyone here to death. Yeah, there’s a lot for you to prove.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Our little mountain resort town had a job fair recently and no one showed up.

One diner needed a dishwasher so bad they are offering $25 an hour and can not fill the job.

not joking even. it's a major crisis out here.

we bought our home in 1997 for 150k and could easily sell it for a mil now. there are bidding wars on houses.

insane.

falcon back

Our little mountain resort town had a job fair recently and no one showed up.

One diner needed a dishwasher so bad they are offering $25 an hour and can not fill the job.

not joking even. it's a major crisis out here.

we bought our home in 1997 for 150k and could easily sell it for a mil now. there are bidding wars on houses.

insane.
The housing bubble will bust and lots of people will be upside down on the loan to value. It's a great time to sell but finding something to replace what you sell and not get burnt is the hard thing. The bidding wars are making people have to put hard cash down on whatever they buy. Houses aren't appraising for what they are selling for. Buyers have to make up the difference at closing.