Laid Off During 30-Days Training

UPS087

I am currently being laid off my training route after being on it for 13 days straight and making scratch 7 of them. This is because our center is going away with "day off" sheets. Drivers that wanted a day off would be granted one, (of course without pay) so younger seniority drivers could work. Since I am considered "training" I get the pleasure of going back to local sort (throwing up as I type this). Other young seniority drivers are being laid off as well but cannot go back to local or pre-load, due to them not being laid off for a week straight. :censored3: Thoughts??

Johney

Sounds like someone filed some type of grievance and it pissed of management and they aren't giving senior drivers an unscheduled day off anymore. It's happened here before, it won't last long it never does.

Methods Man

I am currently being laid off my training route after being on it for 13 days straight and making scratch 7 of them. This is because our center is going away with "day off" sheets. Drivers that wanted a day off would be granted one, (of course without pay) so younger seniority drivers could work. Since I am considered "training" I get the pleasure of going back to local sort (throwing up as I type this). Other young seniority drivers are being laid off as well but cannot go back to local or pre-load, due to them not being laid off for a week straight. :censored3: Thoughts??

That’s crappy, here in my center all of us drivers are under a common understanding to let the trainee finish qualifying and not to bump. Tbh, we’re pretty short staffed so not much bumping goes on anyways.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I got laid off during my 30 days. ..it happens when the volume or the driver staffing is there. Chart the days you drive and the days you scratch.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I got laid off during my 30 days. ..it happens when the volume or the driver staffing is there. Chart the days you drive and the days you scratch.

I know a driver that the company was going to DQ on his 29th day because they

didn't like him. The company miscounted the days, but he didn't.

He got his 30 days.... and never did scratch.

Helps to pay attention.

trickpony1

I know a driver that the company was going to DQ on his 29th day because they

didn't like him. The company miscounted the days, but he didn't.

He got his 30 days.... and never did scratch.

Helps to pay attention.

I hope that driver remembers this the rest of his life.

Dough99

You can not be bumped off a training route