Laid off?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Are we at war?
8c537c1d-7db6-43fe-9c08-9ff2a2136675_text.gif

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
Go look in the Amazon truck, it's in there.
Yeah, the little center I work at had a fairly easy peak season this year. Amazon is delivering a lot of their own packages now, so it makes a huge impact on smaller centers especially. Now that peak is over, Amazon can stop funneling a lot of their smalls to us and have their own drivers deliver them. Amazon is in the "driver's seat", so to speak. They get to decide what they deliver and what they push off to UPS, FedEx and USPS.

MattM

how do daily or weekly guarantees work if one is laid off/your sort has no shift(scheduled off)? This affects one’s retirement hours/pension too

Is it possible to only work one 4 hour shift weekly?

cosis

Yeah, the little center I work at had a fairly easy peak season this year. Amazon is delivering a lot of their own packages now, so it makes a huge impact on smaller centers especially. Now that peak is over, Amazon can stop funneling a lot of their smalls to us and have their own drivers deliver them. Amazon is in the "driver's seat", so to speak. They get to decide what they deliver and what they push off to UPS, FedEx and USPS.
Fedex stopped the Amazon contract a few years ago. UPS/USPS should have done the same. Now Amazon can deliver their own :censored2:.

Zowert

Volume is scary low. My loop went from 8 routes to 4, and just 3 on Mondays. I am covering such a large area, it’s insane. I’ve got over six years in, I went from the middle of the seniority list to the bottom over night.

Losing customers during the contract negotiations and I think Amazon delivering most of their own crap now is the culprit. I see Amazon vehicles on every other street, sometimes I’ll see an EV and a regular van on the same block.