Last best and final offer

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Milly, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

IDIOT!

2. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

GOSH!

3. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

Bring it on! Keep in mind that Freight, airline mechanics, and- YES Package- ALL rejected UPS's contracts. WAKE UP CALL FOR UPS!!! Your working conditions suck!

Stay strong, my brothers at Freight. If you need a picket line to make your point, now's the time to do it.

4. vvv

vvv Active Member

THEY ALREADY KNOW THAT......THEY WANT THEM TO SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. lmao

6. Future

Future Victory Ride

Oooo dear lord

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Future

Future Victory Ride

Hope your not serious ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

Answer his question, what are they striking for since you seem to know everything silver sneakers.

9. zubenelgenubi

I'm not really following the freight negotiations, what are the main sticking points?

10. Benben

First off only 40% of the stock is publicly owned. That means 60% is class A shares with 10:1 voting rates. The "shareholders" you speak is management! I personally could care less if they are "happy" or not. They are making money off my back in addition to their regular paychecks.

Second, how do you know you got the "best deal in the industry?" Please provide proof. Dennis told us our offer was the greatest ever and it was 100% concessionary outside of the increase in pension payout if you are lucky enough to make it to 30 years!

Feel free to "getting other Freight Carriers organised." Just tell them to choose a different union to represent them because if they choose the teamsters they will get screwed by the company and the union at the same time just like we did!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. babboo25

Negative Nelly

12. zubenelgenubi

Hope it all works out. Don't know what you guys make, but, in all likelihood 40 cents isn't going to keep pace with inflation. And there is a shortage of truckers, so the company should be able to at least maintain your wages with inflation.

I never had a problem with the raises we had negotiated, but the people pushing a yes vote really had a problem with overemphasizing what a big deal they are.

13. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

Your rational honesty has no place here. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

They're requiring voters to drive to their local hall? What if their hall is 1 hour away, 2 hours away? Is this a strategy to make sure there's a low voter turnout?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  15. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Well-Known Member

If you can't make a 1-2hr drive to vote on an issue that will determine your future, perhaps you shouldn't be voting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Benben

If that's your real name change it immediately!

As for your horrible reading comprehension skills: I never said I hated management, not like the hatred I hold for DT. I am just pointing out the fact that when idiots say, "make the shareholders happy." They are referring to the 60% who are in the company with us!

But I digress, you were asked to provide proof of your claims. Correct me if I am wrong but your "proof" is to tell us to go google or talk to other drivers at whichever dock we see them at? please!!!!!!

Welcome to the Cafe, its alright you'll get better at this.

17. babboo25

Wow @Benben how embarrassing for you!!!! ROASTED!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  18. babboo25

This would be a much better forum if we all had to use our real names.

19. Chukie804

Chukie804 Management told me I'd never be a driver

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Dems da rules round here, don't like em hit the red x in the top right of your screen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Actually, using your real name is in violation of the TOS, as well as posting personal information. Both of which could have repercussions.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018