Last best and final offer

Heavy Package

Bring it on! Keep in mind that Freight, airline mechanics, and- YES Package- ALL rejected UPS's contracts. WAKE UP CALL FOR UPS!!! Your working conditions suck!

Stay strong, my brothers at Freight. If you need a picket line to make your point, now's the time to do it.

vvv

Bring it on! Keep in mind that Freight, airline mechanics, and- YES Package- ALL rejected UPS's contracts. WAKE UP CALL FOR UPS!!! Your working conditions suck!

Stay strong, my brothers at Freight. If you need a picket line to make your point, now's the time to do it.

THEY ALREADY KNOW THAT......THEY WANT THEM TO SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
As a shop steward and E board member I get a front row seat at the fighting table on a regular basis, and from where I sit, though I have no love for UPS corporate in any way shape or form, we are the top of the food chain in the freight industry pay wise..... Freight as a whole for UPS is not making any money!, in fact for their profile they have to lump Us in with other company entities so it looks like we are just to make the shareholders happy so don't think they won't shut this place down and change the name from Coyote Logistics to UPS Freight Logistics in a second to service their core customer that want them to have a freight option on their website, on top of that thanks to Hoffa we don't even have UPS package to strike with us so corporate could care less if we hold signs or not..... careful what you push for guys we got the best deal in the industry already, what we need to be out doing is getting the other Freight Carriers organized and up to our pay scale so they can't undercut us on prices so bad, we get that done everybody will make more money....just my. 02 but I don't really know anything

I'm not really following the freight negotiations, what are the main sticking points?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Freight as a whole for UPS is not making any money!, in fact for their profile they have to lump Us in with other company entities so it looks like we are just to make the shareholders happy so don't think they won't shut this place down and change the name from Coyote Logistics to UPS Freight Logistics in a second .... careful what you push for guys we got the best deal in the industry already, what we need to be out doing is getting the other Freight Carriers organized and up to our pay scale so they can't undercut us on prices so bad, we get that done everybody will make more money....just my. 02 but I don't really know anything

First off only 40% of the stock is publicly owned. That means 60% is class A shares with 10:1 voting rates. The "shareholders" you speak is management! I personally could care less if they are "happy" or not. They are making money off my back in addition to their regular paychecks.

Second, how do you know you got the "best deal in the industry?" Please provide proof. Dennis told us our offer was the greatest ever and it was 100% concessionary outside of the increase in pension payout if you are lucky enough to make it to 30 years!

Feel free to "getting other Freight Carriers organised." Just tell them to choose a different union to represent them because if they choose the teamsters they will get screwed by the company and the union at the same time just like we did!

babboo25

Banned
First off only 40% of the stock is publicly owned. That means 60% is class A shares with 10:1 voting rates. The "shareholders" you speak is management! I personally could care less if they are "happy" or not. They are making money off my back in addition to their regular paychecks.

Second, how do you know you got the "best deal in the industry?" Please provide proof. Dennis told us our offer was the greatest ever and it was 100% concessionary outside of the increase in pension payout if you are lucky enough to make it to 30 years!

Feel free to "getting other Freight Carriers organised." Just tell them to choose a different union to represent them because if they choose the teamsters they will get screwed by the company and the union at the same time just like we did!
Negative Nelly

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Pay and contractors (scabs)

pay is being increased $0.40 an hour yearly, granted that's not a lot but again we are already the top payed industry-wise, there was also a bump in pension and the elimination of the $0.40 an hour reduction while working on the dock for drivers

contractors (scabs) will be reduced over the term of the contract, again not a lot but there will be a reduction

Hope it all works out. Don't know what you guys make, but, in all likelihood 40 cents isn't going to keep pace with inflation. And there is a shortage of truckers, so the company should be able to at least maintain your wages with inflation.

I never had a problem with the raises we had negotiated, but the people pushing a yes vote really had a problem with overemphasizing what a big deal they are.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Hmmm, you can look at the other freight companies pay packages and compare them to ours side-by-side side if you like, they are publicly held companies and that information is readily available, a simply Google search will get you where you need to be, but make sure you factor everything in including their medical coverage versus ours and our pension vs theirs ( if they have one, most do not), or you could talk to other Freight drivers, we do tend to deliver and pick up from the same docks from time to time I've noticed over the last 30 years in the Freight business..... now as for the shareholders that are also management which you hate so much, though I'm not a big fan of them either they do hold the keys to the company so careful what you push for, we're already number one in pay and benefits like I said and I personally would like to keep it that way and not see it turned into a logistics company, but I'm weird

If that's your real name change it immediately!

As for your horrible reading comprehension skills: I never said I hated management, not like the hatred I hold for DT. I am just pointing out the fact that when idiots say, "make the shareholders happy." They are referring to the 60% who are in the company with us!

But I digress, you were asked to provide proof of your claims. Correct me if I am wrong but your "proof" is to tell us to go google or talk to other drivers at whichever dock we see them at? please!!!!!!

Welcome to the Cafe, its alright you'll get better at this.

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Dems da rules round here, don't like em hit the red x in the top right of your screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Actually, using your real name is in violation of the TOS, as well as posting personal information. Both of which could have repercussions.

Last edited: