5th week highlights from negotiations

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Can someone please explain why the international contract seems to be running smoothly yet here in New England things are moving much much slower and in some cases stalled?
UPS Negotiations Update – Teamsters Joint Council 10 New England
C46564D3-49A7-4BAA-ADBB-317101BCE3C9.png
FB9D8755-DEDE-43A3-901D-0B839822C0EC.png

UPS Preloader

Can someone please explain why the international contract seems to be running smoothly yet here in New England things are moving much much slower and in some cases stalled?
View attachment 187270 View attachment 18

Besides the fact that Hoffa probably asked UPS to not cooperate with O’Brien to make him look like the bad guy, it’s probably because Taylor is compromising on everything and O’brien isn’t. (Taylor is a Hoffa Puppet and Hoffa is a UPS puppet.)

F

Frankie's Friend

View attachment 187270 View attachment 187271
"Seems to be running smoothly" is overrated until the CBA offering gets presented for a vote dont you think?
If the company (and evidently the IBT leadership) didnt like all the strike talk from SO then maybe some PR is in the mix here?
I heard the company went out to lunch break on day one and didnt return to the table leaving the ibt negotiators sitting alone.
But, you hear a lot.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Can you explain to me why "facial hair" is a contractual proposal in your area?
Why not ask for the turkeys back, while you're at it?......stupid.
That’s been a proposal in our supplement forever. I think it’s more of a bargaining chip that anything. Knowing the company despises beards here, I think the union says “ok, we will dump beards if you dump...” I’ve never faced a driver that cared that much about a beard.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody