Last box always the biggest

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a doctor who insists upon having everything delivered to her office rather than her home. She averages 2-3 personal packages per day. The first day she asked if I would bring them to her car. I politely informed her that we offer home delivery. She didn’t ask me again.

Indecisi0n

Me too, funny story.... One day on a junk route I was missing one for an early business. It was a law firm so they usually get letters and small amazon boxes so I was searching my 1000 and 2000 shelf for it but never found it. As I kept delivering I kept having to move this massive bed frame looking box that the preloader put right in the middle of the truck so I could get to the packages under my 2000 shelf. I probably touched this big ass box 5 times before I got tired of it, so I moved it to the very back of my truck but wanted to check the address so I wouldn't forget about it and search for it later. Well it was the one I was missing from earlier...the receptionist decided to order a new baby crib to her work instead of her house :furious:
Was she hot or all busted up from the baby?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Tell them u want a rental box truck instead of a step van

Load those last stops to the rear
DSC_0014.JPG

The Driver

I drive.
air >> bulk >> trace

or

bulk >> air >> trace

There are days that you can't really do this though, for example if you have a half dozen residential stops with bulk that are too spread out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So glad we lost the chewy account. Now if pottery barn.......

You have no idea man. Chewy had put in a warehouse on my one area about 4 years ago. So not only did I have the big boxes to deliver daily to house, I also had to deliver all the returns to their building everyday. 80-100 of those boxes being returned DAILY. And payroll would come NDA one day a week so that was a separate deliver to the main office. It was fantastic.
Chewy actually blamed us for a screw up that one of their employees did at that building and that it the reason they switched to FedEx Ground. It happened overnight too. The called us and told us to get our crap out of there and the next day every door at their building was filled with purple and green. Good riddance.

Cementups

Box Monkey
And yeah, if I had a huge delivery, especially Sleep Number crap, it would be delivered as early as possible to make room. Especially if I had NDA in the area it was going. During peak I would usually JUST delivery bulk and NDA on my route before I would pick up my helper so we had room to move.

Dhydratd

And yeah, if I had a huge delivery, especially Sleep Number crap, it would be delivered as early as possible to make room. Especially if I had NDA in the area it was going. During peak I would usually JUST delivery bulk and NDA on my route before I would pick up my helper so we had room to move.
That's been my peak plan for the past 15 years or so. If I can't move in my truck, I can't do my job safely.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Me too, funny story.... One day on a junk route I was missing one for an early business. It was a law firm so they usually get letters and small amazon boxes so I was searching my 1000 and 2000 shelf for it but never found it. As I kept delivering I kept having to move this massive bed frame looking box that the preloader put right in the middle of the truck so I could get to the packages under my 2000 shelf. I probably touched this big ass box 5 times before I got tired of it, so I moved it to the very back of my truck but wanted to check the address so I wouldn't forget about it and search for it later. Well it was the one I was missing from earlier...the receptionist decided to order a new baby crib to her work instead of her house :furious:
Hope it was a 2nd or 3rd floor business without an elevator

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You have no idea man. Chewy had put in a warehouse on my one area about 4 years ago. So not only did I have the big boxes to deliver daily to house, I also had to deliver all the returns to their building everyday. 80-100 of those boxes being returned DAILY. And payroll would come NDA one day a week so that was a separate deliver to the main office. It was fantastic.
Chewy actually blamed us for a screw up that one of their employees did at that building and that it the reason they switched to FedEx Ground. It happened overnight too. The called us and told us to get our crap out of there and the next day every door at their building was filled with purple and green. Good riddance.
Grr, another thread a few weeks ago said u got that account back...
e3dbbc2c01dad29e_giphy-1.xxxlarge.gif

Faceplanted

air >> bulk >> trace

or

bulk >> air >> trace

There are days that you can't really do this though, for example if you have a half dozen residential stops with bulk that are too spread out.
This is exactly what I do if I have some big bulk. Makes the day 10 times easier.

Safety is my #1 and jumping over boxes all day is not safe.