Lay me off?

I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but he can only veto, so this is firmly Congress' fault. They should have just given everyone $2k/month universally until this is over, which would have been simpler, faster, and cost about the same.

That’s why the President uses a veto, so he’s not to blame.

DOK

If UPS lays me off as a part timer I lose my 20 hrs week at $ 21.26 hr for a total of $ 425. If I go on unemployment in Illinois I'll get 47% of my pay plus $600. 47% =$199 + 600 =$799 or $377 more a week. Ups lay me off? I would much rather work but wtf.
What’s the plus “$600” from?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
If UPS lays me off as a part timer I lose my 20 hrs week at $ 21.26 hr for a total of $ 425. If I go on unemployment in Illinois I'll get 47% of my pay plus $600. 47% =$199 + 600 =$799 or $377 more a week. Ups lay me off? I would much rather work but wtf.
They're not going to. They'll lay off drivers first, encouraging them to bump you.

cachmeifucan

You to far up on seniority list it would probably be like 5 or 10 percent of every classification. With all the people taking vacation and taking off seems like no layoffs unless they shut down Macy's Com lands end. People ordering tons of nonessential while at home this is no shut down. Fast food is not essential

cachmeifucan

...and been patently unfair to those who have lost their livelihoods through no fault of their own...

Uber/Lyft drivers, restaurant workers, hospitality workers, etc., have been unfairly displaced as a result of this crisis.

$2K/month for someone who is still working and has not been adversely affected by this crisis would be unfair to those who are sitting at home through no fault of their own and trying to figure out how they are going to pay their rent on the 1st of the month.
Not true I'm still working and the price of food is way up so I'm still being affected. I just bought 7 dollar hand sanitizer for work

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You to far up on seniority list it would probably be like 5 or 10 percent of every classification. With all the people taking vacation and taking off seems like no layoffs unless they shut down Macy's Com lands end. People ordering tons of nonessential while at home this is no shut down. Fast food is not essential
Fast food is essential to the essential people who are working, truck drivers, nurses, doctors, etc.

SLW

In many cases, the landlord may have just a handful of units and is relying on the collected rents to pay his mortgage.
Hell, freeze mortgages, too.
And the idea of getting a (high) percentage of your paycheck instead of a handout for unemployment is probably better to actually help people, I think. But if the point is to protect the economy--and that's really all the state cares about--people need cash and they need it immediately and universally.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Whose gonna pay your insurance