Lay Offs?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ya Ya, We heard you but your story doesn't add up there more to the story that your not sharing if your a senior driver you must have been with UPS for quiet a while yet your asking questions that a rookie would be asking (Dead Days, What happens when your route gets cut for the summer)... Any ways I would have to believe your waiting to fall to leave UPS because one of two reason the other job your lining up won't open up to then or your going stick around until a little while longer for pension or health care reasons.

You say that your route gets cut every year at this time but this years is the first year that you want to know what your rights are when your route is cut ????

Pick up your contract and read it.

rocketman
???

Ya Ya, We heard you but your story doesn't add up there more to the story that your not sharing if your a senior driver you must have been with UPS for quiet a while yet your asking questions that a rookie would be asking (Dead Days, What happens when your route gets cut for the summer)... Any ways I would have to believe your waiting to fall to leave UPS because one of two reason the other job your lining up won't open up to then or your going stick around until a little while longer for pension or health care reasons.

You say that your route gets cut every year at this time but this years is the first year that you want to know what your rights are when your route is cut ????

Pick up your contract and read it.

Kind of a toss-up between you and the UpstateUPSer for most antagonistic poster, but his grammar and punctuation are excellent so I'll go with him as the winner... Perhaps I should've found a better title to my post as I did resolve this issue with the Supervisor and Shop Steward. If my route is cut I have the option of telling the OMS at night that I would like to be "scheduled off" the next day. As long as I give notice there will be no issue. It is my sincere hope that a rookie will step up and want to learn the routes I'm doing and earn some money as I'm calling it a career in a few short months; quite naturally the on road sup prefers not to train new people on the 32 plus routes I can cover, alas his hand is now forced. I started a family with the excellent pay and benefits, however it came at a hefty price, I've determined it's too much to pay. No job is worth missing your kids growing-up.

Last edited: