Layoffs

AwashBwashCwash

Volume is down about 10% which means it's time for management to see how they can "improve efficiency" and increase layoffs instead of just letting the preloaders have some easy days.
Which means combining routes and giving extra load spots to preloaders. One of my drivers had to pull away with his cab loaded up with bulk. Also left 20 minutes late since it turns out putting 2 trucks onto one and cramming everything to the ceiling and giving a loader 5 trucks is actually less efficient since everything just gets stacked out. Who could have predicted that? Certainly not me, I'm just the guy who loads the trucks every day and has the most direct knowledge of the job.

542thruNthru

One of my drivers had to pull away with his cab loaded up with bulk. Also left 20 minutes late since it turns out putting 2 trucks onto one and cramming everything to the ceiling and giving a loader 5 trucks is actually less efficient since everything just gets stacked out. Who could have predicted that? Certainly not me, I'm just the guy who loads the trucks every day and has the most direct knowledge of the job.

Than this driver is a damn pusillanimous and the steward in your center needs to be in managements ass!

There is no way in hell I'm taking a truck out with a bulk stop in my cab and there is also no way in hell a steward allows a driver to take a route out like that in my center with out saying something and threatening action against management for it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Montana just announced it will be a sheltered state, only essential places will be open. I can't tell if there will be massive lay offs now or if volume will spike due to people being home ordering crap since they can't go anywhere.

@542thruNthru @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U stfu and don't you dare joke about my great state!

AwashBwashCwash

Than this driver is a damn pusillanimous and the steward in your center needs to be in managements ass!

There is no way in hell I'm taking a truck out with a bulk stop in my cab and there is also no way in hell a steward allows a driver to take a route out like that in my center with out saying something and threatening action against management for it.

He said he's going to file a grievance but when all was said and done he was still driving away with all that :censored2: in the cab and to be honest I doubt things will be any different tomorrow.
Management lives in an alternate reality as far as I can tell.

542thruNthru

He said he's going to file a grievance but when all was said and done he was still driving away with all that :censored2: in the cab and to be honest I doubt things will be any different tomorrow.
Management lives in an alternate reality as far as I can tell.

Refuse to do it and demand a steward.
sketch-1585272045425.jpg

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We were lighter today than the rest of the week, but not THAT light. I would still make that 60 stops last more than 9.5 :)
It’s hard to do on a 28mile trip. I literally drove 8 blocks one way turned around and drove back. Most of the business were closed, So it was the easiest money I ever made at ups lol. Plus the weather was awesome so I just chilled. Ahhh good times.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
If I were working inside the hub I'd be lickin my chops to get laid off.

Ex: California takes your highest quarter / 26. up to 450 per week. Say an avg. of 300 per week x 12 = 3600/26 is $138.

So add the tax free 600 on top and you get $738 per week untaxed haha. Plus the 1200 or more payment coming in a few weeks.

More like a 4 month vacation taking in more than double and in some cases triple what you make for free.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Still heavy. They say business is down overall but our center services some of the most ghetto manufacturing spots in the city and they will not close down until they are held at gunpoint to close down.

ManInBrown

Don’t know about other locals but just because you’re still busy doesn’t mean mega seniority drivers can’t bump into your building. Here if there are layoffs any drivers in the district can bump into other buildings if they have the seniority.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
This will suck for new drivers because the part timer they displaced will be making more than them sitting at home playing video games.