Layoffs

Superteeth2478

How did you make the money to invest into real estate and create passive income? By working full time.
Nope. Not full-time at UPS. Or anywhere. It's kind of a secret at my hub as to how I got the money, but people at my hub know that I have money in real estate and just work part-time.

And it's not part-time side money for everyone. It's the second half of their livelihood aside another part-time job. There's a difference.

yadadamean116

Nope. Not full-time at UPS. Or anywhere. It's kind of a secret at my hub as to how I got the money, but people at my hub know that I have money in real estate and just work part-time.

And it's not part-time side money for everyone. It's the second half of their livelihood aside another part-time job. There's a difference.
I got it. 99% need to hustle and grind full time jobs to be able to save for real estate investing. Which I’m in the process now so bring on the OT

Ghost in the Darkness

What does management do in general that is useful? Yesterday they gave us non photo I.D. cards that said we are essential. They quite frankly looked like something my kids would make as a craft in elementary school... although my kids would prbly be able to cut along the lines better. They had this funny idea that law enforcement would be after us for being on the road.
I get it, its boring all day doing nothing. Us drivers already know you do nothing, just go home and stop pretending you are needed.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Everything being done about protecting us from this virus is token. Saw yesterday the safety committee in our Hub was passing out regular working gloves to the young part timers, lambs to the slaughter.

I hate to say this but this virus officially started on the first day of January and has affected the entire world in less than 3 months. Do the Math and many will come to the realization that this strain of virus is beyond contagious. It may be a fact that ALL of us have it, it depends on your age and immune system.

This virus can be transfer through touch/contact and probably is airborne. It lives on metal and plastic surfaces for days and on Cardboard or paper for 24 hours on contact with a affected handler.
That is why it is SO IMPORTANT to stay home if you are showing symptoms.

Gloves will not help if you rub your face or touch a hard surface, washing your hands regular is common sense, but seriously how many of us have access to a sink, water, or sanitary agent after handling every door knob, hard metal or plastic surface and package/tape.

Regular filter Masks will not help either, if this virus can get into you from your eyes or ears. Has anybody who has worked in the Hub or a construction job ever blown their noses after wearing a mask in a dusty area, how did that work?

Our best protection is to treat EVERYBODY you have contact with as if they are affected, bottom line. The six foot rule and avoidance is our only means of protection.

We are all in this together but I am seeing a lot of (DRAMA QUEENS) over this subject, this is not a movie and do not expect the government, employer or union to protect you. It is on you, so follow the guidelines and hope for the best...

fishtm2001

A French study touted by Trump has made waves, comparing 20 patients who took the drug to 16 who didn’t.

Outside experts have heavily criticized the French study, however. Infectious disease geneticist Gaetan Burgio of the Australian National University noted that statistically, weighing national responses to a pandemic on a study of 20 people was unwise, that the French study was not conducted with doctors and patients blind to the treatment, and that only a quarter of the placebo patients had their viral load measured. “This is insane!” he said on Twitter.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A French study touted by Trump has made waves, comparing 20 patients who took the drug to 16 who didn’t.

Outside experts have heavily criticized the French study, however. Infectious disease geneticist Gaetan Burgio of the Australian National University noted that statistically, weighing national responses to a pandemic on a study of 20 people was unwise, that the French study was not conducted with doctors and patients blind to the treatment, and that only a quarter of the placebo patients had their viral load measured. “This is insane!” he said on Twitter.
Feel free to turn down the medicines doctors are prescribing smart guy.

Superteeth2478

I got it. 99% need to hustle and grind full time jobs to be able to save for real estate investing. Which I’m in the process now so bring on the OT
I know, I'm very blessed to be able to just work a part-time job and get passive income from real estate. I can't imagine working 12+ hours a day, and hope I never have to.

D

Deleted member 77202

First off that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Also "Large scale layoffs" is a relative term. Does that mean laying off the bottom 2 or 3 guys across all centers just for a week or 2? Or does it mean permanently letting go 30% of the work force?
Truth is that nobody, even our brightest economical minds, know what is actually going to happen. It depends on so many factors: how fast the virus is gone, how much stimulus money is injected, etc. For UPS it depends on how large the center is, what types of routes are in it, how short they are on drivers, etc.

Nobody knows. My guess is that it will stay busy. You'd be surprised by how much business the government designates as essential.

All anybody is doing is guessing. Some idiotic union guy doesn't know :censored2: except what he and his buddies gossip about while smoking cigars on the golf course.

First off that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Also "Large scale layoffs" is a relative term. Does that mean laying off the bottom 2 or 3 guys across all centers just for a week or 2? Or does it mean permanently letting go 30% of the work force?

Truth is that nobody, even our brightest economical minds, know what is actually going to happen. It depends on so many factors: how fast the virus is gone, how much stimulus money is injected, etc. For UPS it depends on how large the center is, what types of routes are in it, how short they are on drivers, etc.

Nobody knows. My guess is that it will stay busy. You'd be surprised by how much business the government designates as essential.

All anybody is doing is guessing. Some idiotic union guy doesn't know :censored2: except what he and his buddies gossip about while smoking cigars on the golf course.

Well said.
People aren't gonna be sick forever, and this whole scare will be over soon.
People will heal, businesses will re-open, and life will be normal and boring in a couple weeks.

Well said.
People aren't gonna be sick forever, and this whole scare will be over soon.
People will heal, businesses will re-open, and life will be normal and boring in a couple weeks.
You are wrong.
Lots of big money will be gone, sports and all the tax revenue. Many small businesses that was on the edge may not come back
Don't be so sure

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
You are wrong.
Lots of big money will be gone, sports and all the tax revenue. Many small businesses that was on the edge may not come back
Don't be so sure
No insurance for your neighbor, No insurance for brother or sister, No insurance for your wife family hospital can pay the bills superbug might be around the corner!